The Coffee House-Come & Chat With Us!(April 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry the cat is still going strong. Filmed today:

Harry the cat is still going strong. Filmed today:

Haha, thanks! I've subscribed for his Twitter updates.🐈

Soooo how did you make it ? :D
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of unbleached flour
1/2 cup of water

Mix and cover loosely with plastic wrap or clean kitchen towel

Place in area where temperature stays pretty constant. Mine is on top of the refrigerator.

Wait 24 hours and feed it, same ingredients as absolve.

Feed it every day for five days and supposedly that’s it!

Then you can refrigerate it and feed it weekly, first removing 1 cup of the starter which you can use in a recipe or discard.

Morning/afternoon y'all! I slept late today! Well, I woke up but decided to try to have a sleep in day despite Screamer's yelling. I got up at 8 instead of 7! It is cloudy this morning but going to get very warm later, 90 F which is too hot for this time of year. I will need to go to the Walmart Market sometime today for the ingredients for a recipe that I didn't get at Publix yesterday. I MUST start eating healthier! I have been eating nothing but veggie burgers!

I am on day 5 of the starter. It is fun. I am going to make bread tonight.
My allergies are killing me. I felt like crap yesterday. I woke up at 6 am with a coughing fit. I know it is allergies and not the sick. My head and ears hurt.

One of the first things I’m going to do when I get settled is learn how to make hummus that tastes like the Greek Village hummus. I’m sure there will be some trial and error. But I really want to be able to make my own.

Bernie’s out. NPR Choice page

So, did you know that some laundry bags now come in a backpack style to make it easier to carry? I needed a new laundry bag, so I ordered one of those from Target. It’s expected to arrive today. I plan to just hang it on my bathroom door, but hopefully I can make it work. There’s also an outside pocket for detergent, dryer sheets, whatever else is needed for the laundry. Should be interesting. The housekeepers will mostly be the ones carrying it and using it, so they might REALLY like it.

I have been to the Walmart Market and got the items I needed. It was not very busy and the shelves weren't too empty except for a few things like eggs. I didn't check the paper products as I don't need any now. Some people were wearing masks and I tried really hard to follow the 6 ft. rule. I used a paper towel to pick up my items and I always use the self checkout. I hate being so paranoid about everything!
I still need to get a bag of potting soil to replant one of my spider plants and I want a few more flowers. I will probably go to Lowe's tomorrow. We are planning on going over to Central 28 tomorrow evening to support our favorite food truck, Sweets-n-Eats. We really miss bingo!

I had an online visit with a new doctor- mostly for prescription refills, but also to say I had some tightness in right lung with deep breaths, and if I am compromised enough to be off work. He didn't seem bothered my lung thing, just asked usual covid questions and told me he was retired in nov!
So there goes another one!
He wasn't concerned about my working, but told me to avoid shopping-to use instacart instead. Even though I very clear my job is more threatening then my quick trips to Aldi-and Aldi I go every 2 weeks, I'm at work every day!
I think I could have gotten a letter if I pushed, but I'm not that sure I want to be off, even though I would get 2 weeks pay.
Ugh. Work is just awful lately. Short parts, production is relying on us because they don't have work. Only a few are wearing masks. Yeah, I should have just asked for the letter

It’s BIG! I knew it would be big but I didn’t realize just how big. The outside pocket is nice and big, too. The pocket has a drawstring closure but unfortunately doesn’t close all the way, especially with a box of dryer sheets inside. The laundry bag itself also has a drawstring closure, and that’s what I’m using to hang the bag on the hook. The bag hangs down really far. Oh, well, it’s sturdier than the old one, which is now in the trash, being made of very thin nylon which got torn and shredded from use.

I have a sudden craving for salty peanuts, but I don’t have any. Which is weird, because I have a bag of macadamia nuts from Trader Joe’s and a can of peanut-free mixed nuts from CVS, both salted, that I’ve been munching on. But I suddenly have to have peanuts. 🤣

I'm really tempted to call the doctor tomorrow and ask for the letter. If I can't run in and out of a store where I feel more protected than I do in an 8 hour shift at work somethings wrong.
I do feel guilty at being privileged to have that choice. Thinking of what grocery store workers, and of course health care workers, are going through.
But, we really don't seem to need everybody anyway.
My supervisors sister who was quarentined with family due to her being an aide with a patient with covid. Now she, and and husband, have a fever. He hasn't heard back from her when he asked about them being tested. They have 4 kids. He hasn't seen her for over a year, so it's not like he's a problem

I'm really tempted to call the doctor tomorrow and ask for the letter. If I can't run in and out of a store where I feel more protected than I do in an 8 hour shift at work somethings wrong.
I do feel guilty at being privileged to have that choice. Thinking of what grocery store workers, and of course health care workers, are going through.
But, we really don't seem to need everybody anyway.
My supervisors sister who was quarentined with family due to her being an aide with a patient with covid. Now she, and and husband, have a fever. He hasn't heard back from her when he asked about them being tested. They have 4 kids. He hasn't seen her for over a year, so it's not like he's a problem
I think you should do it. You have to do what’s best for you at this point.

Not the best day today. Only good thing is that flour had been obtained. There is weather chaos right now, wondering if I should postpone my shopping until Monday. Queuing for supermarkets are outside so this is a factor now.

I had $11 in Extrabucks from CVS Pharmacy to use before expiration, so I checked their website for peanuts. All their peanut offerings are either out of stock online or only available in store. I did find some energy mix/trail mix options that include peanuts, so I ordered a couple bags of the energy mix. I also ordered Scotch tape, chocolate covered almonds (another craving), wheat crackers and a couple bottles of Fiji drinking water (there’s a current limit of two per item), kind of expensive, but my tap water doesn’t taste that great. I’m thinking of buying a filter for my tap water.

Status
Not open for further replies.