The Coffee House-Come and Chat With Us!(December 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone, just being minutes old to this forum, what is the “Coffee House”?

This is VF's random chat thread. You can jump in and out at any time. You don't have to stick to any topic of conversation, you can post whatever you like. There's no pressure to back read or post regularly. We begin a new one every month and start afresh, so that it's easier for new chatters to join in.:sun:

If it's your first time in the Coffee House please let us know so we can be extra welcoming! If we're talking about stuff and you have no idea what we're on about, feel free to ask us and don't feel intimidated. A lot of us have been chatting for years together but we're always delighted to have new friends too.:heart_eyes:

Coffee.png
The script looks a bit like Thai, but could be from somewhere else in that general neighbourhood for all I know ... Clearly not Chinese, Japanese, Arabic or Persian.

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is one of my favorite books. It's part of my life as a Southerner, I love John Berendt and his representation of LGBTQ people, I will never forget the Lady Chablis. The gay man who stole the straight Southern show, the trans woman and his lover.

This book will never leave me or my book shelf. Lady Chablis is one of my formative idols, bless her soul. I would have to be literally starving to sell this book. It's my life.

Reactions: Val
We (my wife, daughter and myself) are visiting my wife's family in the Midwest USofA. I finally have some downtime - haven't thought much about work for several days. I'm spending the days watching interesting YT videos, wining, dining and attempting to small talk. In other words, generally having a good time. Which is nice because the last few months felt like helluva stressful time.

Over here it's cloudy with a chance of meatballs.

Rented the Aeronauts, and I was so impressed with the movie. I wish I had noticed it when it was in the theatres. It would have been wonderful to watch on the big screen. Afterward, I learned that Felicity and Eddie did many of their scenes in a hot air balloon. Some as high as 7000 feet up.

Status
Not open for further replies.