The Coffee House-Come and Chat With Us!(December 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit late to the party but...happy December!

Our little tree is up as well as lots of decorations, some cards have been written & some presents have been wrapped.

Rally sad I don't have a Christmas mug though. I want a Christmas mug! For hot chocolate :laughing:

I have been procrastinating something fierce when it comes to my artwork. I've got more than a couple people waiting on stuff from me, I really need to knuckle down and do it!
Yesterday i made mushroom crockpot, "cheesy" rice bake, and a fig oatmeal bake. The mushroom pot was ok, but the other two things were awesome!

Bit late to the party but...happy December!

Our little tree is up as well as lots of decorations, some cards have been written & some presents have been wrapped.

Rally sad I don't have a Christmas mug though. I want a Christmas mug! For hot chocolate :laughing:
I'm so in the mood for hot chocolate, but it's 60 degrees F here today, haha. Soooo, iced coffee it is.
I have to write out cards as well. I was a going to do them earlier, but two longish phone calls have derailed my plans. I could do a few to start, though.

My hot chocolate is microwaving either chocolate almond milk or chocolate Ripple and adding vanilla almond creamer if we have it. I was just at the Dollar Tree and thought about getting a christmas mug! I didn't though. I did get the Indian spiced veg balls. I like those with a yogurt sauce for a sammy

It's a gorgeous sunny day. However, it was very humid and cold earlier on this morning. I went out in the dark this morning as I had a blood test and stumbled across a lonely stray female cat. I feel so sorry for her as she has been abandoned. So, many heartless people who just don't care about animals. :relieved:

Today is election day in the UK and the polling stations are open until 10 PM.

It's a gorgeous sunny day. However, it was very humid and cold earlier on this morning. I went out in the dark this morning as I had a blood test and stumbled across a lonely stray female cat. I feel so sorry for her as she has been abandoned. So, many heartless people who just don't care about animals. :relieved:

Today is election day in the UK and the polling stations are open until 10 PM.

Poor kitty! We've rescued a couple of strays over the years and it just breaks my heart when animals are abandoned like that.

We're in the drizzly, rainy season and I noticed yesterday just felt like winter to me in a way I can't describe, but it just "felt" like last winter when I was outside. It's weird because it's not even the coldest day we've had. Over the Friendsgiving holiday we actually turned the heat on temporarily in our townhouse because there was a cold snap for a few days in the 30s. It usually stays in the 40s-50s here.

Also, getting a new roommate, a vegetarian to replace the other vegetarian, that's just how it worked out lol.

Yesterday I enjoyed watching my old barbershop choir perform some Christmas carols, and now I'm listening to holiday jazz-hop.

Cold but sunny. I have a trashed kitchen to clean up soon, maybe make a taco casserole today. And possibly a veggie curry.
I tried Aldis vegan itailan meatballs and they are very good!

Hi everyone! Have I even posted in December yet??? It's been busy!

But, phew, a breather. I finally finished a memorial painting I've been working on for the last several weeks. The jelly donut was initially a sprinkle donut, and the sprinkles drove me completely insane!!! My art room has been smelling like donuts, so that's been hard too. Lol!

IMG_4263 (1).jpg

I hope this finds everyone else relatively chill and enjoying this time of year.

*I just realized I'm posting in VF instead of VV, but planning to make the transition, so sorry if this post doesn't make much sense to those of you who don't know me yet. I pop in and out depending on how life is going.

Hi everyone! Have I even posted in December yet??? It's been busy!

But, phew, a breather. I finally finished a memorial painting I've been working on for the last several weeks. The jelly donut was initially a sprinkle donut, and the sprinkles drove me completely insane!!! My art room has been smelling like donuts, so that's been hard too. Lol!

View attachment 1302

I hope this finds everyone else relatively chill and enjoying this time of year.

*I just realized I'm posting in VF instead of VV, but planning to make the transition, so sorry if this post doesn't make much sense to those of you who don't know me yet. I pop in and out depending on how life is going.
Hey Poppy! I love the painting! It really took me a minute to 'get' it--I was like, "she's talking about the sprinkles but not the one that looks like a dog?" 😄

I think of you when I try and clean up! Which has been lots....🙄
Good to see you here, missed you

Coffee.png

Hey Poppy! I love the painting! It really took me a minute to 'get' it--I was like, "she's talking about the sprinkles but not the one that looks like a dog?" 😄

I think of you when I try and clean up! Which has been lots....🙄
Good to see you here, missed you

Oh, gosh. I totally missed the "one that looks like a dog" till you mentioned it.

• Haha
Reactions: Poppy
I realized after all these years I want to write a book about my grandpa who raised me. I want to call it something like The Conservative Man Who Rescued Me in a Time of Feminism just to get attention not to be anti-feminist, I think it has liberal and conservative selling points. I don't care about selling points I want to promote grandpa as a morality for the ages, I don't care if I am creepy, I have a noble goal with his vegetarian garden and homemade jam. This is my first book.

I feel like this would actually be a solid defense of responsible men in a feminist age. I could defend paternal custody and feminist rights at the same time, which is unusual right now. I could do something besides talk about my personal experience. And give my biological father as a contrast of men who don't deserve custody and my uncle as a family oriented male.

Reactions: Qwaychou and Val
Status
Not open for further replies.