US The 2020 Campaign for US President

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is 5 hours earlier than the east coast here in Ireland... Was up early and watching CNN All day...
What a Great day for the Entire world!
Really impressed by All of the speeches... Amanda the poet laureate was Superb! Singers were great too...
Feels like a Huge shift has happened...
Thought that the flag displays were Very nice...
Feeling hopeful....

This thread has been fun. I think its time to start a new one.
any good ideas for a name?

One of the "benefits" of Trump is that it has invigorated peoples interest and participation in politics.

Many of our newest congressional members have said that they saw the political landscape and felt they had to get involved
more people voted in November's election than since something like 1952. More people AND a higher percentage
More people participated in campaigns, from demonstrations to letter writing.

Anyway part of me wants to just put this thread to bed and let the VF be apolitical. On the other had I think it's not a bad idea to stay informed and sort of egg each other on.

Vegans are primarily concerned with animal ethics, and by not eating animals, and boycotting companies that test on animals is the most important thing we do. We vote with our wallets. but we can do more.

Policy changes are just as important to work on as personal changes. So I have decided to stay involved and informed.

I think that its pretty clear that the Democratic Party is much more likely to support environmental changes and animal rights issues. Voting once a year is the least we can do. We can do more.

We got rid of Trump. that was the most important thing to do. What should we do next?

Is it weird that I keep thinking about what an exhausting day this has to be for an incoming president? I keep thinking, what if he gets tired or has to go to the bathroom? I think I’m just a little bit worried about his age even though he does seem to be quite fit.

At least he gets to sit while they are driving to Arlington national cemetery.

Reactions: 1956 and PTree15
Is it weird that I keep thinking about what an exhausting day this has to be for an incoming president? I keep thinking, what if he gets tired or has to go to the bathroom? I think I’m just a little bit worried about his age even though he does seem to be quite fit.
I was thinking about that, too, but I bet his adrenaline is pumping. I think he feels like he is on a mission and is energized by that.

I think there is enough interest in politics for us to still have future threads on the forum, whether that's right away or after taking a breather. We can perhaps make on general "US Politics" or "BIden Administration" thread.

The politics thread are a bit hidden at the bottom of the forum where you have to scroll down to the lounge, so they're not too distracting for people coming to the forum with an interest in transitioning.

Thanks to everyone that commented on this thread, it's all been helpful for me to learn from your wisdom.

Somewhat of a relief, especially for those of you that actually live in the US or are American, that Trump has left the building. But also a bit of a relief even for people internationally.

Per Reuters News 1/20/2021:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Incoming U.S. president Joe Biden will announce America’s return to the international Paris Agreement to fight climate change on Wednesday, the centerpiece of a raft of day-one executive orders aimed at restoring U.S. leadership in combating global warming.

Link: Biden set to rejoin Paris climate accord, impose curbs on U.S. oil industry

1611180478929.png

1611180609784.png
1611180707114.png

Last edited:
I’m okay with closing this thread now that the 2020 election cycle has concluded, and starting a new one for the new president, or current events, whatever everyone likes.

• Agree
Reactions: silva and David3
It is 5 hours earlier than the east coast here in Ireland... Was up early and watching CNN All day...
What a Great day for the Entire world!
Really impressed by All of the speeches... Amanda the poet laureate was Superb! Singers were great too...
Feels like a Huge shift has happened...
Thought that the flag displays were Very nice...
Feeling hopeful....
I really hope they put all those little American flags to good use now that the inauguration is over.

Come over here.

Reactions: KLS52 and Amy SF
Status
Not open for further replies.