US The 2020 Campaign for US President

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Facebook friend that I’ve known since childhood. I stopped following her because, well, she adores Trump and I couldn’t stand getting notifications of her admiration in my feed. Anyway, I check in on her periodically and today was a mistake. Her and about 15 of her friends are going on and on about how they will never watch Fox News again because they have turned on Trump. Their new favorite news source is now Newsmax. 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️

But that’s perceived as masculine, at least in the context of the campaign’s overall branding.
Yeah, that's just what I was thinking. The women who love him are fine with misogyny and being demeaned. Those housewives who need there husbands to have good paying jobs and care for them and keep the "bad people" out of their suburbs

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
My point is that masculinity should not be stereotyped as inherently misogynist, rude, or obnoxious.
Oh yeah, well, same here! :heart:
I keep thinking about the political graph quiz and just how horrid you'd be to be in the top right quadrants! I mean, it isn't just different views, it's real narcissisistic racist, sexist, bigotry!

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
My point is that masculinity should not be stereotyped as inherently misogynist, rude, or obnoxious.

I completely agree! I guess I meant that he was using a branding strategy that capitalizes on that stereotype and its popularity.

It’s something you see a lot of in arts and entertainment, as well as advertising in general, so I recognize it for what it is.

It’s not good for anyone. It’s insulting to all genders.

There's a Fox News video on Youtube that claims a "Major Victory for Trump in Pennsylvania" and the comments underneath from his supporters show that they believe Trump has won Pennsylvania and is going to win the election. To them it is proof of massive voter fraud on the part of Democrats. I believe this is what they are gloating about:

Trump campaign wins case on voter ID deadline

"This story was updated at 2:30 p.m. Nov. 12.

The Trump campaign on Thursday won a case attempting to disqualify a small number of mail-in ballots for first-time Pennsylvania voters who were unable to confirm their identification by Nov. 9.

These ballots had been segregated pending the judge’s decision and have not yet been counted, so their disqualification will not affect the current vote count in Pennsylvania. Joe Biden won the state, and subsequently the election, on Saturday and currently leads President Trump by more than 53,000 votes."

:joy:

KLS52, it sounds like they are following Trump on twitter. He posted about 4 pro Newsmaxx, anti Fox News tweets or retweets today or yesterday.

Reactions: KLS52
KLS52, it sounds like they are following Trump on twitter. He posted about 4 pro Newsmaxx, anti Fox News tweets or retweets today or yesterday.

According to this they are leaving Fox, FaceBook, and Twitter and going to Parler, Newsmax, and Rumble.

What is happening with OAN? I thought they would be picking up market share, too.

Ok...is it me? I just watched a video where Republican senators are saying they want to change the election system and they’re not going to wait four years to do it they want to do it now and then adjust the results based on the changes. Are they delusional? How do you change rules to something that has already occurred. It’s like me saying, let’s play a game of cards. The winner gets $500. The rules are A B and C. Then I lose the card game and decide, let’s not go by A B and C. We’re going to use rules D E and F instead so that means...I WON!! :hmm: I can’t even.:fp:

Here is the chart that I didn't know that I wanted. Thank you Mr. PruneStand.

Projected Electoral College results if "I didn't vote" was a candidate.

However, I was warned that this info has not been fact-checked.

• Informative
Reactions: Sax
Ok...is it me? I just watched a video where Republican senators are saying they want to change the election system and they’re not going to wait four years to do it they want to do it now and then adjust the results based on the changes. Are they delusional? How do you change rules to something that has already occurred. It’s like me saying, let’s play a game of cards. The winner gets $500. The rules are A B and C. Then I lose the card game and decide, let’s not go by A B and C. We’re going to use rules D E and F instead so that means...I WON!! :hmm: I can’t even.:fp:
But they HAVE been doing that in so many ways...

Arizona was an interesting story because that´s where John McCain is from and the margin of victory for Biden will be small. If Trump hadn´t kept attacking John McCain, even after he had just died, his wife Cindy wouldn´t have endorsed Joe Biden and Trump probably would have won.

So that´s Karma for you.

John McCain concession speech 2008 losing to Obama. Great speech. Huge contrast with current Republicans.

Video is 15 min but speech ends after 10.

I was right on my prediction yesterday that all the TV networks and New York Times would call Arizona as soon as the next batch of votes were released. They did so, and in fact Biden now has a lead of 11,434 with 10,315 left to be counted.

On Georgia, I found out that elections are not usually called when there is a recount pending. Saw this on AP and New York Times. So the fact that Georgia hasn't been called does not necessarily mean that Trump has a good chance there. It's still very likely the recount will go for Biden. However, it looks like it will not be coloured blue on the maps until the recount is done - it looks like that will be in about 1 week from today. EDIT: Wrong! Sorry!

It looks like a clear result. I think things will probably/hopefully turn out OK.

If the Democrats had won by one state with a 500 vote margin, I think things would have been very bad indeed right now. But it's three states all with thousands of votes margin.

The margin of victory for Biden in the 4 states that he flipped is similar to the margins that Trump won them. At that time Hillary Clinton came under criticism for not conceding during the night and waiting to the morning of the next day to formally concede (!).

Trump has not and will not flip any state.

Margins of victory for Trump in 2016
Michigan 10,000
Wisconsin 20,000
Arizona 90,000
PA 40,000

Margins of victory for Biden in 2020
Michigan 150,000
Wisconsin 20,000
Arizona 10,000
PA 60,000

Last edited:
Status