Tattoos

There is an artist I have been following for a while and desperately want to work with on my next piece. Trouble is he is located in the Akron, Ohio area... which would mean me traveling to Ohio from New Hampshire. I could visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in the same trip though, which could be cool. Anyone else know anything about that area?
Yes! I'm closer to Cleveland!
Art museum, and the entire area around it. If you love symphony orchestras Cleveland has one of the best, right next to the museum.
The Rock Hall is on the lakefront, and while it could be better utilized, there are some beautiful parks around it. We have great restaurants and events!
I can't say anything about Akron. It had the best vegan restaurant by Chrissie Hynde that's been closed for years now :(

Yes! I'm closer to Cleveland!
Art museum, and the entire area around it. If you love symphony orchestras Cleveland has one of the best, right next to the museum.
The Rock Hall is on the lakefront, and while it could be better utilized, there are some beautiful parks around it. We have great restaurants and events!
I can't say anything about Akron. It had the best vegan restaurant by Chrissie Hynde that's been closed for years now :(
Probably what I would do is allow a day to spend at the tattoo shop, which is in Cuyahoga Falls, and a day or two for sightseeing and visiting the Rock Hall in Cleveland. Looks like I could either fly into Cleveland or into Akron, depending on where the best flights are, etc.

Last edited:
I have heard good things about the Akron airport. Cleveland airport is about a 30 min drive to downtown, where the rock hall is, and that's about a 30 min drive to Cuyahoga Falls

Thanks for the feedback. I need to figure out when the artist has availability for appointments and how that ties into my ability to take time off work. Then I would need to work out all the logistics of travel/lodging, etc. If you have any good tips/recommendations as someone who is local to the area, I would love to pick your brain when I get further into the planning stages.

Reactions: PTree15
So the Ohio tattoo trip is still up in the air pending a reply from the artist. I submitted my idea back in March but his website cautioned he takes a while to reply because of how he schedules due to very high demand.

So in the meantime I ending up scheduling myself an appointment for a totally different tattoo I also wanted. I did the scheduling back in March as well, and the time has finally arrived.... In about half an hour I will be on my way to get another piece from Alicia Thomas, who did my strawberry tattoo back in 2015. Check her out on Instagram: Alicia Thomas (@aliciathomas_art) • Instagram photos and videos

We are just doing the outline today. The color will be done later this month, for optimum healing. Pics will follow eventually.

So we ended up completing the entire tattoo in one session. The design she came up with was better than anything I could have envisioned alone. She managed to take my random inspirational photos (just some random ornate jewelry I found on Pinterest) and list of random design elements (just random stuff I like that I thought could coordinate with the concept, openly acknowledging it was way more than could be captured in a single piece) and come up with a design that was exactly what I wanted all along... even though I wasn't 100% certain what that was in my mind's eye beforehand.
20180608_152751.jpg

so cute! I have a low tolerance for pain. I could never get a tattoo. I would be crying and screaming.I love them though!

how-dermal-piercing-is-done.jpg

Not in English, but this diagram describes the process pretty clearly.
I have one of these in my face.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1655145253879.jpg
    FB_IMG_1655145253879.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 8
Check out the tattoo I got from my granddaughter. Lol.
Temporary, obviously. 😁

View attachment 27568
I had no idea temporary tats could be so detailed. I still want a dragonfly at some point. I was thinking on my back, but now I'm thinking I want it where I can see it. Not sure where that is yet. :) I have a Red Sox tat on my back, so I should keep the back sports-themed. :D

Reactions: KLS52
I was talking about tattoos last weekend. I had been going to get a 6th one dedicated to my dog that passed away last year. I had forgotten about that. I haven't had a tattoo done since 2010, maybe? I can't remember how much they hurt!

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
Love some of the tats shared here! Here's one of mine. Adapted from a drawing I had found online. Got it several years back from a vegan tattoo artist. Still my fave tat.20220826_094252.jpg

• Love
Reactions: KLS52 and Raven