Package Exchange Summer Exchange -Ideas, anyone?

sallyomally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
So I was thinking we should definitely do a summer theme exchange.
How about something like picnic, or maybe a beach towel with fun summery stuff, cookout, or..... Suggestions?

I don't really have any specific ideas, although because of the hot weather, I'd caution against mailing anything meltable, such as chocolate.

As for the schedule, I was thinking:

Sign-ups for the summer exchange at the end of June
Matches by the end of the second week of July
Packages mailed by the end of July/first week or first two weeks of August
Packages must be received by the end of August/first week of September

That will allow some breathing room between the spring and summer swaps and the summer and autumn swaps, but you can tweak the schedule a bit to whatever you think is best.

Reactions: sallyomally
I like this plan, Amy. The reusable bags were a huge success,so I was thinking it would be fun to send an eco friendly drink container with our summer exchange boxes-like a travel mug or water bottle. I see so many nice ones these days, and use mine constantly. Your thoughts?

I like that idea! During the summer, I'm guessing we're all drinking more water than usual to stay cool and hydrated, and having a fun drink container would be just the ticket.

I like this plan, Amy. The reusable bags were a huge success,so I was thinking it would be fun to send an eco friendly drink container with our summer exchange boxes-like a travel mug or water bottle. I see so many nice ones these days, and use mine constantly. Your thoughts?

This is an excellent idea :D

I have a question but I don't know if anyone has an answer: Why don't any of the male members of VV participate in the exchanges? :(

They did at one time. I have a vegan cookbook that I received from a male member on VB. I forget his name but I think it's written inside the book. I'll have to go check who it was.

I have a question but I don't know if anyone has an answer: Why don't any of the male members of VV participate in the exchanges? :(

Because boys have cooties!;) There were several guys years ago. One of my very first Christmas exchanges was a male..Froggythefrog from Veggieboards. I have had about three total. Two just sort of disappeared and another was banned for flaking on sending a box.

Last edited:
Because boys have cooties!;) There were several guys years ago. One of my very first Christmas exchanges was a male..Froggythefrog from Veggieboards. I have had about three total. Two just sort of disappeared and another was banned for flaking on sending a box.

I think we should encourage the males of VeggieViews to participate. I think they'd like exchanging, um, stuff, with us ravishing females. :flirt: :D

Reactions: SuicideBlonde