suitable videos for an 8 year old

roper

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
My son is showing an interest in veganism but I feel some of the best educational videos are probably too harsh to show him. I don't want to scare him but educate him. I don't want to hide him from the truth but at the same time, I don't want to give him nightmares. Could anyone recommend me some links to child-friendly videos showing the benefits of veganism? We do speak about it but I would also like to show him more information.
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: winter.frost
Hello! Welcome to the forums :)

I don't actually know of any child-friendly videos to introduce veganism to children... There's books however?

For example, see the link below.
https://goo.gl/UBa8Ku

Other than that I'm sure other members here who would be able to suggest other alternatives.

Hi roper, welcome!

Actually I know a really good resource. Bite Size Vegan on YouTube. She has done a number of videos for children - all are very much toned down with no slaughter house footage etc..

Here is her Vegan Kids playlist.

Thanks very much for the welcome and answers. I will have a look at the book.
The videos look great! I don't have any worries showing him them and they are nice and informative for an inquisitive mind too.
All the best.

My son is showing an interest in veganism but I feel some of the best educational videos are probably too harsh to show him. I don't want to scare him but educate him. I don't want to hide him from the truth but at the same time, I don't want to give him nightmares. Could anyone recommend me some links to child-friendly videos showing the benefits of veganism? We do speak about it but I would also like to show him more information.
Thanks in advance.

I recommend Violet's vegan comics, they have so many great stories and activities for vegan children of all ages.:heart:

Why are you a vegan? is a great rhyming story for children which explains the answers in a funny and child friendly way. :blush:
There is also a series of short stories about the adventures of a little boy who decides to go vegan, who is always getting into trouble and trying to rescue animals. His name is Luke Walker, and you can read all his stories here - the Luke Walker stories and chapter stories for the ages eight and up, and there are also a wide selection of comics and poetry for that age group too.
There is also a music page too! :p This is a great website which shows children it's not at all strange to be vegan, and shows them friendly characters who are vegan children too. It's fun and wonderful and great.:sun:

Violets vegan comics has a whole page of videos and info about vegan nutrition, which are great. You could watch them yourself to check if they are exactly what you are looking for, but they would not give him nightmares.:imp: