Sugar Tax - UK

A sedentary lifestyle, soda with all meals, fast food, erratic mealtimes etc. It's not just sugar it's the lifestyle - this is a good article
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/19/health/the-health-toll-of-immigration.html?_r=0

That is what the cardiologist told me last week. She said that one of the best exercises is to go for a brisk walk for an hour/3 times a week.
Furthermore, she said that junk food and sugar was a health hazard and most people don't realise how much they are eating on a daily basis. Food industrials share a blame as their labels are not also clear. No Sugar Added doesn't mean that it is sugar free.

'How I broke my sugar habit' - Live Well - NHS Choices

Reactions: ledboots

Yes, that is a good article. Thanks for citing it.

BTW, the New York Times is one of the websites that tracks how many times you visit it per month. You are only allowed a certain number of visits if you are not a subscriber. I did not know, however, before your post in the other forum, that it uses cookies to do this tracking.

Incidentally, one of the things I am doing right now (coincidentally) is running Norton Internet Security. Among other things, this finds tracking cookies and deletes them.

That is what the cardiologist told me last week. She said that one of the best exercises is to go for a brisk walk for an hour/3 times a week.
Furthermore, she said that junk food and sugar was a health hazard and most people don't realise how much they are eating on a daily basis. Food industrials share a blame as their labels are not also clear. No Sugar Added doesn't mean that it is sugar free.

'How I broke my sugar habit' - Live Well - NHS Choices

I saw the cardiologist yesterday and she reiterated her advise ; Walking a few times a week and seriously reducing sugar intake will help to promote a healthier heart. Regular, gentle exercise and not yo yo dieting is a far better choice than going overboard with strenuous exercise. This advise was for seniors and people who have weight problems.

How to cut down on sugar in your diet - Live Well - NHS Choices