Stories that restore your faith in humanity

Wife makes her husband learn how to dance shuffle in order to overcome his depression after a car accident. Later, they make up their own "rural shuffle style". Their videos attracted multiple followers.

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
A post from a local Facebook page. Strangers helping strangers. 😍

E1F9837A-CD1E-4BD1-A0CE-EC068B21D97D.jpeg

38D4A1D0-78E8-4ACB-93F7-64BE37DDA012.jpeg

C1747FAF-474E-4472-B36F-F5D4D17A3FBD.jpeg

Pretty amazing. CT seems to be very community oriented. I see lots of posts where people are helping people. There’s a woman in another nearby town who cooks/donates for families in need. Started out small then people started donating supplies and it expanded. 😍

For ten years now I have felt like moneyless living is my true path, but haven't done much about it because of my addiction to comfort. Numerous other people have taken the path and one of them that really fascinates me is Daniel Suelo. He has found on his moneyless path that the less he owns the more abundant he feels. I have also found this on my minimalism journey. It's interesting.
Ten years ago when I embarked on this minimalism journey, I falsely described it as ascetism. There is a vast difference between ascetism and minimalism. Ascetism is having less than what you need, minimalism is having what you need. But what a human needs can sometimes get confused. Daniel Suelo at his homepage wrote that the man who invented the middle path, Gautama Buddha, had only what he could carry.
Suelo and other moneyless people restore my faith in humanity. Maybe we can see the errors in our ways and live peacefully with nature.

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
Last night, after 9pm, APCH received a call regarding an Osprey who had managed to become stuck 50 feet up at the top of an Eversource Electrical pole. This bird was at the very top of the pole between high tension power lines and if it flapped the wrong direction, it risked becoming electrocuted. Lucky for us, we have met with the Environmental Team at Eversource in the past to get to know one another for a better mutual relationship to manage CT's wildlife, in particular, Osprey, who often get involved with poles. At this late hour, Michelle Ford (Senior Program Administrator - Wildlife and Protected Species) answered on the first ring! She went above and beyond despite even being out of state, to get us the troubleshooting crew that could help respond to this crisis. Todd met up with a team from Eversource, and Crew member Ernie managed to safely ascend to the top of this pole to rescue this Osprey. We could not tell what the bird was stuck on, but callers from the apartment complex on site said the bird had been "stuck" there since 4pm and was unable to get off of the top of the pole. We assumed fishing line, but lo and behold! upon retrieval, this bird was not stuck on ANYTHING at all. This is a fledgling Osprey who left the nest and likely landed on the top of this pole where it remained and would remain until it was brave enough to do it again!! It was likely "helicoptering" (hovering over the pole just a few inches to feet at a time practicing, which made it appear as if it were tethered) This is a common fledgling predicament as they take their first flights and first landings. It is a scary first step to the rest of their lives! Learning takes confidence and patience. This lucky youngster will return home to its nest territory after these storms roll through. A little R&R at APCH is never a bad thing! Enjoy! A very special thanks to the residents who took the time to find assistance for this juvenile Osprey and a big shout out to EVERSOURCE for respecting our wildlife and turning this crisis in to a successful rescue in record time. We appreciate your responsiveness and care.