Sorry I just disappeared.

Mark Mywordz

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi Everyone
I just disappeared from the forum a few months back and, to be honest, I'm unlikely to be involved with it for a few months more. The main problems have been that my partner has cancer for the second time and that has turned everything upside down. We had holidays planned which have had to be cancelled or rearranged and cancer just screws up your life. It takes over your life. The other reason for the silence has been that we have now 3 dogs. Ollie is 12.5 years old and the 2 beagles are just over a year old, so the dogs need lots of attention.On the other hand I think the dogs have helped to keep me sane. Ollie, the old dog, is past his sell-by date but has been rejuvenated to some extent by the newcomers.
I am hoping we will be able to snatch a few weeks in the UK but nothing is certain. We had a week with friends in Portugal but I hope we will be able to get to the UK soon. We both like to travel, mainly within Europe because of the dogs but also because we speak various languages and like to get immersed in the culture of the countries we visit.
If we get away, it might be late September/early October before you hear from me again. I might just do a little lurking and add the odd comment, if I have time and the energy - I've been low on energy.
Lots of love to all of you.
Have a good summer.
Peter

Hi Everyone
I just disappeared from the forum a few months back and, to be honest, I'm unlikely to be involved with it for a few months more. The main problems have been that my partner has cancer for the second time and that has turned everything upside down. We had holidays planned which have had to be cancelled or rearranged and cancer just screws up your life. It takes over your life. The other reason for the silence has been that we have now 3 dogs. Ollie is 12.5 years old and the 2 beagles are just over a year old, so the dogs need lots of attention.On the other hand I think the dogs have helped to keep me sane. Ollie, the old dog, is past his sell-by date but has been rejuvenated to some extent by the newcomers.
I am hoping we will be able to snatch a few weeks in the UK but nothing is certain. We had a week with friends in Portugal but I hope we will be able to get to the UK soon. We both like to travel, mainly within Europe because of the dogs but also because we speak various languages and like to get immersed in the culture of the countries we visit.
If we get away, it might be late September/early October before you hear from me again. I might just do a little lurking and add the odd comment, if I have time and the energy - I've been low on energy.
Lots of love to all of you.
Have a good summer.
Peter
Big hugs to you and your partner:hug:! Hang in there. :zen: If you don't mind,- somedays, let us know again about her(his?) health:smitten:. And have a joyful summer:rolleyes:.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear that, Peter. How terrible. Though it's good to "see" you again!

Best wishes for a happy summer for the both of you (and the dogs).

Hugs to you, your partner, and your dogs. I hope you have a fulfilling summer, and that your partner's treatment goes well.

You are wise to recognize that your personal energy is not an infinite resource, and to use it where and as needed most. Take care of yourself in all this!

^^ Exactly. Don't ever forget to take care of you, too.... You'll be of no use to your loved ones if you run yourself down.

I wish you both a beautiful, relaxing, rejuvenating excursion.... and hugs to the puppies. :D

Sorry to hear this news, Peter. :hug:

Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments. We might just get away if only because the hospitals virtually shut down here in Spain in August, except for the very urgent cases.

Then I’m really glad I didn’t start my semester in Spain until September of that year.

I hope your family time is meaningful and far more valuable than how you might have spent time here. *hugs*