Socks for Winter?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3018
  • Start date
Note to @StrangeOtter
These would look fantastic with army pants and a buzz cut.
and check out that YouTuber I posted. She got a buzz cut, too.

Back in the day all we ever had were Doc Martens, model #1460.
It almost was joke -worthy. How can you tell if someone is vegan?
he is wearing Doc Martens.

I have never been very good at paying attention to how I or others look like, but after it has been pointed out to me, I see clearly that I look very militant already with my army pants, buzz cut and army jacket (thankfully I have dyed it black).
It isn't my intention to look somehow provocative.
But I have always liked navy boots and used to wear those from early teens to late adulthood. Doc Martens look like navy boots. My experience has been with the kinda boots that they are pretty bad for knees and hips, but I do like them. And even if that would definitely look provocative, I consider getting a pair of Doc Martens someday.
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least I think those kinda boots are called navy boots? Maiharit, maihinousukengät... I don't know english. Argh.
But maybe those boots were bad for my knees back in the day only because I was so underweight. Maybe I could handle the weight of the boots better now-a-days... Hmm.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1956
Mostly just wore cotton socks in the winter, back when I lived in Illinois. If it were cold enough, I'd layer them. Once in a while I had fleece socks and those were nice
OMG ... girls in socks ... I'm having a heart attack! 😜

• Haha
Reactions: Danielle
Sounds to me like that kinky devil's got a fetish! 🤔
Feet can be intimate, having the skin on skin contact.
My feet get cold in the winter, and the fan is always on. I go to sleep feeling warm, but the mornings are chilly.

Reactions: Ahimsa
Feet can be intimate, having the skin on skin contact.
My feet get cold in the winter, and the fan is always on. I go to sleep feeling warm, but the mornings are chilly.
Yes, I agree, feet are very intimate and sensual. Believe it or not, I studied fetishes when I was training, and feet definitely came out on top ... if that makes any sense! Lol.

Reactions: Danielle
Hi. I was wondering what your winter socks are made of and I'm especially interested in the socks that you wear when it's getting actually kinda chilly outside: -25 and -30 decrees celsius.
I have a bunch of old woolen socks that I got as a present years back, but those are starting to wear out. I don't own winter boots because those often are made out of leather and wool, so of course I will not buy those. The socks are the only thing keeping my feet warm (I also own basic shoes and rubber boots but those are pretty useless when it comes down to staying warm). I often times get a lot of snow in my shoes, luckily the wool stays somewhat warm even when it gets wet.
BUT, I can't buy woolen socks and I will not accept gifts that have wool in them anymore.
I'm spending a lot of time outside every day and keeping warm is sometimes challenging.
I'd really appreciate any advice.

Recently, I found these socks, which are vegan and at least as warm as, if not warmer than, wool:

They are pretty amazing. At -25 or -30 C, you will probably need to layer them and wear them with warm vegan boots like these for example:

(or, if these are too expensive, something from a thrift store).

I have been getting frostbite on my toes in the winter even though it doesn't usually get below -5 C or so where I currently live. I've been thinking that it may be caused by poor circulation. I've been making sure to drink close to 2 L of water every day, and that seems to have helped, at least so far.

Recently, I found these socks, which are vegan and at least as warm as, if not warmer than, wool:

They are pretty amazing. At -25 or -30 C, you will probably need to layer them and wear them with warm vegan boots like these for example:

(or, if these are too expensive, something from a thrift store).

I have been getting frostbite on my toes in the winter even though it doesn't usually get below -5 C or so where I currently live. I've been thinking that it may be caused by poor circulation. I've been making sure to drink close to 2 L of water every day, and that seems to have helped, at least so far.
Wow. Frostbites. That's terrifying. I'm sorry to hear that you have suffered from those.
My hands, wrists, face and toes get stiff and numb and sometimes my fingers and toes turn white and blue. But I haven't experienced an frostbite yet. Doing jumping jacks, running around or going somewhere where it's warm can help.
Thank you for suggestions. :)