So...what's your favorite and least favorite veggie?

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
This is a really hard question for me, as I love a lot of different veggies. I think I'll list my top 3, and not necessarily in their specific order. I do love asparagus though.

1. Asparagus
2. Brussels Sprouts
3. Potatoes (various kinds, including sweet)

Now, for my least favorite. I must admit, as a kid Brussels sprouts would've been on the top of the list. Oddly, I love them now. So the veggies I don't care for:

1. Parsnips (never liked them as a kid, and still just never acquired a taste for them)
2. Canned or frozen peas (although, I will make an exception with the frozen peas in a stew or something similar)
3. Lima beans (I will eat them, but they're definitely far from my fav)

Like: Broccoli, orange bell pepper, carrot

Wish I liked more: eggplant, mushrooms, winter squash.

Funny since I love peas blended. They are an excellent source of arginine and hence longevity.

My favorites are carrots, peas and cauliflower.

Least favorite are onions, garlic and kale.

Can't stand Brussel sprouts, have never had them in any way that was enjoyable.

I'll avoid picking legumes or it'd be lentils easily.

I'll pick Cauliflower. It's not the tastiest, but it's so versatile. I'm Punjabi, aloo Gobi (potato cauliflower curry) is an "accidentally" vegan delicacy. If I wanna go a bit modern, I'll make cauliflower bites which can literally be any flavor lol

@brownmetalhead

I have to agree on the cauliflower. It's why I said this was a tough question for me, cuz I just love so many veggies. Cauliflower is versatile.

I understand the Brussels thing, I really do. For some reason I overcame quite a few of the veggies that I despised as a kid. I think overcooked mushy Brussels is what I recall putting me off. They're actually really good shredded in stir-fries and coleslaw's. I like a lot of veggies roasted, including Brussels.

Favourites, too many to list, potatoes , pumpkin, legumes, mushrooms, spinach
Least liked cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts.
turnips and parsnips are ok if roasted

Favorites: Spinach, greenbeans and bok choy.

I don't like beets at all and bitter melon I don't really like.

Favorites:

Potatoes, garlic, onions, tomatoes, green peas, legumes of all kinds (except Lima beans), broccoli, all lettuce except silver beet and rocket, spinach, cucumbers/pickles, cabbage

Don't like/won't eat: Lima beans, Brussels sprouts, rocket, beetroot (on it's own), silver beet.

I had to look up rocket and silver beet. I've never heard Arugula or Swiss chard called that before.

All you beet lovers, I forgot to mention beet tops. I love beet tops. If you've never tried them, they're similar to Swiss chard or maybe cooked spinach.

Reactions: PTree15
I love too many veggies to list, but i think a fave would be broccoli and raw zucchini.
I wish i liked eggplant or okra.

Ironically, I have nearly never encountered a vegetable I really could not eat.

So ... I like all that were mentioned so far, be it in the "love" or "hate" category.
Broccoli, Brussels sprout, eggplant, okra, parsnips, garlic, onion, kale, lima beans ... bring it all on ...

However ... nearly ... means ... all except BITTER GOURD. Pass on that one. All others are fine!

I love so many veggies as well: Brussels sprouts, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, onions, beets, all kinds of greens, potatoes, etc.

The only vegetable I really don't like is lima beans.

Reactions: Emma JC and Andy_T
I was wondering how I hadn't answered this before, then I realized it was a post from June of 2018, which was before my time. ;)

Picking a favorite, or even a top 3, is difficult. I truly love almost all veggies - broccoli, potatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, onions & garlic are pretty high up on the list. If you count tomatoes and avocados, then add those (even though they're really fruits).

The ONLY things on the hated list: Okra & persimmons. Blech! 🤢

• Wow
Reactions: Emma JC
Love-broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower

Dislike-winter squash, avocado (yes fruit, but I hate them so much)butter and lima beans (yes the same)

Most loved : Leeks, Corn,Green asparagus, avocado, tomato, courgettes. 👍
Dislike : Turnips, Jerusalem artichokes, cooked celeriac, okra.👎