Slow Cooker Recipes

I make my spaghetti sauce in the crockpot, along with a tasty dill-carrot recipe (I don't have it at the moment because I'm at work, but I can post it later).

Reactions: sallyomally
I know this is an old thread, but I just got a crock pot for a holiday present. I love it. I have made three dishes so far, a minestrone soup, a "cheese", broccoli and rice casserole and a lentil, spinach and potato soup. I am just so busy. I put the food in before I leave and it is ready when I come home. I only need to have my bf add a couple things in that I have prepped or put the spinach in and wait ten minutes.

Reactions: KLS52
Maybe this will inspire me to do more crock-pot cooking. I have a slow cooker...I don't know why I'm so anti-using it. Even if I don't like having it on when I'm not home, most days hubby is around and I could use it on the weekends when I am home...or overnight when I'm sleeping. I need to google some vegan recipes. :)

Hey...how cool would it be if there were vegan crockpot recipes for breakfast!

Hey...how cool would it be if there were vegan crockpot recipes for breakfast!

Steel cut oats in the crockpot are an excellent breakfast item.

I use my slow cooker a lot for potatoes. I just scrub them and put them in whole, with no water or oil. When done, they have the full rich taste normally only achievable with baking them in the oven, but with the natural moisture retained - excellent for potato salad, mashed potatoes, potato soup, fried potatoes, etc. For potatoes alone, my slow cooker is invaluable.

As for recipes - any soup or stew, or any casserole type dish that you would otherwise bake in the oven works fine. You don't need recipes specific to a slow cooker.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom L. and KLS52
I like to make chills, stews and meatball recipes in my slow cooker. I made some Boston baked beans with vegan bacon last week and it was pure heaven.

I think it's time to start using my slow cooker as the weather is quite chilly.

I think that my first recipe will be a wholewheat lasagne bake.

Reactions: ledboots
I think it's time to start using my slow cooker as the weather is quite chilly.

I think that my first recipe will be a wholewheat lasagne bake.
I am doing a solit pea soup in my slow cooker as we speak. :) And I got a blender (!) at a yard sale yesterday. Not fancy, but looks brand new. So I'm excited to do some blender type foods. I usually just use the electric stick blender or a whisk.

I am doing a solit pea soup in my slow cooker as we speak. :) And I got a blender (!) at a yard sale yesterday. Not fancy, but looks brand new. So I'm excited to do some blender type foods. I usually just use the electric stick blender or a whisk.

I use my stick blender quite often as I like thick soups and purées.

Me too. Like my pea soup that is slow cooking, I will remove half and puree it, then combine because I like that texture, plus it seems to bring out the flavors.

That is how I like soup that is made with pulses/legumes ; part smoothie part with chunks of vegetables.

This is what I recently downloaded to my iPhone:

If you want the e-book version, it's currently 99 cents from iBooks, Kindle and as a Barnes&Noble Nook book. Hurry, since I don't know how long the e-book will be this cheap.

I have just learned about slow cookers, definitely sounds intriguing.

Might consider getting one.....

Crockpot boiled peanuts are so good. They take forever, but so worth it. I am going to make them again next week.