Skandinavia

Åtal: Ska ha sågat ned 15 jakttorn
En 53-årig man åtalas för att ha sågat ned 15 jakttorn, rapporterar Länstidningen Östersund. Han åtalas för skadegörelse i lika många fall. Samtliga jakttorn utom ett har sågats ned i Östersunds kommun. Mannen nekar till brott.

"För mig är det inget brott. Det enda som är brottsligt är människan på jorden. Det är brottsligt att förstöra natur och andra arter. Älgtorn är fällor", har han sagt i förhör enligt tidningen.
Mannen misstänks också för skadegörelse av fångstnät för fåglar vid Ånnsjöns fågelstation. Från september 2010 till november 2014 har minst 121 jakttorn i Jämtlands län sågats ned eller välts omkull.
Dom har kommit i jakttornshärvan – mannen får tre månaders fängelse
Den 54-årige man som i höst ställts inför rätta för att ha sågat ned 16 jakttorn i länet döms nu av tingsrätten till tre månaders fängelse för sina brott. Mannen ska också betala drygt 11 000 kronor i skadestånd.
(53 year old man gets 3 months in prison plus 11,000 Swedish Crowns fine for damages for sawing down at least 16 hunting towers and damaging nets for capturing birds. Having photos of his exploits were his downfall. Between september 2010 and november 2014 at least 121 hunting towers were damaged. He said," To me it's not a crime. The only thing criminal is people on the planet. It is criminal to destroy nature and other species, Hunting towers are traps.")

I think the main gripe is that tax payers money is going to this, plus the trees will be planted as in the photo - I've seen places in Norway where it's impossible to walk between the trees as they're planted so close to each other - completely unnatural.

Today our goverment came with the report of the fur animals' future. And of cause they will only change some rules, and didn't vote for ending the industry here.

The minister of agriculture said that we can't tolerate more pictures of injured fur animals, but that is what they do now...

Drones of unknown origin were recently observed in the airspace over a military drill in Norway (a joint drill with US Marine Corps), and an annual navy drill in Sweden.

I have to say it doesn't instil confidence in our armed forces that they were unable to shoot down these drones.

A victory for the wolfs here. The gouverment decided first to kill 47 wolfs. That something like 2/3 of the wolfs in Norway. But they have gone back to it, and only 15 wolfs will be killed (6 is allready killed).

It's really, really awfull that 15 wolfs will be or have been killed, but it's good that 32 is saved!

BBC Radio recently broadcast a program about a Norwegian police detective. Anyone familiar with it?

Here's a summary.

Annika Strandhed, Series 3
by Nick Walker

Sundays, 20 Nov to 11 Dec 2016, 19:45

Four new cases land on the desk of Detective Annika Strandhed, queen of the Oslo Police boat patrol.

Annika's neuroses - and she has a few - are mostly hidden by a boisterous manner and a love of speedboats. As fictional Scandinavian detectives go, she's not as astute as Saga NorŽn or Sarah Lund, but may be better company. Although Mikel, her long-suffering forensic photographer, might disagree.

Performed by Nicola Walker

Episode 1: False Signals
The Asker Accident - a plane disaster in 1972 - seems to have a bearing on a murder inquiry when a body is found near the crash site.

Episode 2: Forty Words
Annika and Mikel travel to Bergen to investigate a strange case involving a submarine.

Episode 3: Traffic
Annika wakes up after some serious partying on Midsummer's Eve to find herself in the boot of a car.

Episode 4: Vertigo
Annika's holiday is interrupted when she sees someone pushed from the top of a rock face.

We Norwegians have the same word (hygge), but the Danes somehow managed to get the ownership! So, we just laugh at the Danish hygge now. Because, we're trademarking 'uhygge'! (The antonym, basically.) That's right, and just in time for Easter, and you know what that means: Easter crime thriller series - påskekrim, of which the essential ingredient is a solid dose of uhygge :)

Are Swedish teenagers too afraid of embarrassing noises to go to the toilet at school?

That's what a politician in the small town of Tingsryd, Sweden, thinks.

In a proposal to the council she therefore suggests installing music in the municipality's school toilets, arguing that some students are so embarrassed they refuse to answer the call of nature all day.
More: Use music to help Swedish teens poo, urges politician (9 June 2017)

The terrorist behind the attacs 22nd July in Oslo and on Utøya has now changed name. From Anders Behring Breivik to Fjotolf Hansen....

Norwegians have come out en masse to raise nearly 20,000 euros to repair an eye-catching *****-shaped rock formation apparently knocked down by vandals, an online collection showed on Monday.
More: 'Troll's *****' to be re-erected in Norway (27. June 2017)

Impressive. :p Hard to believe those vandals would go to such lengths, though :mad:

There's going to be a Netflix movie about the Oslo / Utøya terror attacks.
A film about the July 22nd terror attacks carried out by right wing extremist Anders Breivik in Oslo and on the island of Utøya will be produced by streaming giant Netflix.

English director Paul Greengrass will direct the film, writes deadline.com.

The film will, according to the report, use Norwegian actors, and has a budget of $20 million (180 million kroner).
More: Netflix wins rights to make film of Norway’s Utøya terror attacks (23. August 2017)

Our State Budjet for 2018 was presented today.

The fur industry gets 2 mill NOK extra (a bit over $25.000 / about €214.000).

All voluntary work towards animal protecion (like NOAH) looses their benefits.

This is not a happy day for the animals in Norway. :(

It's a happy day for people interested in dual Norwegian citizenship, though:
Norway’s government is to pave the way towards allowing dual citizenship in the Scandinavian country, with a proposal to be put to parliament this autumn.

The proposal will give new rights to thousands of people with connections to both Norway and a second country.
Norway's government wants to allow dual citizenship (12. October 2017)

Reactions: Amy SF