Skandinavia

Oops! :rofl:
Chaotic finale to Tour des Fjords finish in Bergen | Cyclingnews.com
IAM Cycling's Leigh Howard dodged and weaved the traffic in Bergen to claim the opening stage of the Tour des Fjords after the peloton took a wrong turn but there was little celebration from the Australian and discontent in the bunch with how the day finished.
Racing on home roads in Norway, Kristoff added that he couldn't understand the decisions made by the commissaires.

"To me this is a disappointed situation. I cannot believe we did not re-start all together, because that's how we were when the mistake was made. There were no signs, no cars, no one showing us which way to go," he added. "We had no clue whether we should go straight or to the right. Most of the guys on the team looked very strong and I felt strong myself on the climb. We tried to bring the guys back at the end, but it was too much. We can be happy how the team raced but we cannot be happy the way the race ended."

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...ympathizer-dies-after-drug-raid-shooting.html
Police have said the man, named by media as Mesa Hodzic, had links to radical group Millatu Ibrahim and that he sympathised with the ISIS group, but that there was no evidence that extremism had inspired the shooting at a drug raid late Wednesday.
The Bosnia and Herzegovina-born Dane sustained critical gunshot injuries during his arrest in a suburban area outside Copenhagen early Thursday.
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...ho-shot-police-an-ISIS-soldier-says-Amaq.html
A Danish man who shot two police during a drug raid in Copenhagen earlier this week was an ISIS group member, the militant-linked Amaq news outlet said on Friday.

“The perpetrator of the attack that targeted the police in Copenhagen is a soldier of the ISIS and carried out the operation in response to calls to target the countries of the coalition,” it said, referring to an international alliance battling ISIS in Syria and Iraq.
(IS getting desperate with claiming soldiers ...)
PressTV-Daesh 'sympathizer' killed in Copenhagen
The Independent Police Complaints Authority said in a statement that the 25-year-old man identified by local media as Mesa Hodzic "died overnight in Rigshospitalet (hospital) from his injuries."

The agency is currently investigating the incident because of police use of guns during the arrest.

According to local media reports, Hodzic had had links to an extremist group named as Millatu Ibrahim.

Hodzic also sympathized with Daesh, which is currently committing crimes against humanity in Syria and Iraq.
(Balkan mafia more then radical Islam)

However, there is no evidence, as of yet, that the shooting during the police anti-narcotics operations late on August 31 in Copenhagen’s Freetown Christiania neighborhood had been motivated by his extremist ideology.

Farmers and hunters. I think there is some more people working for removing our predators. They competee with humans on the same animals.

Two of the grouse we have here is soon extinct. One is. But no regulation in hunting on them.

Only thing Norway do in enviroment cases is toll roads and taxes.

One good thing is that elephants are banned from cirkus from 2017.

Islamist militants release Norwegian hostage in southern Philippines | News | DW.COM | 17.09.2016
– Det ble ikke utbetalt løsepenger for Sekkingstad
Kjartan Sekkingstad, 56, was handed over to local troops on Jolo Island in the southern Philippines on Saturday, officials said.

The Norwegian national, who had been held hostage since September 2015, was to stay overnight in the home of a commander in jungle-covered Sulu province before being flown out to meet with President Rodrigo Duterte on Sunday.

Abu Ramie, a spokesman for Abu Sayyaf, told the German Press Agency they had received 30 million pesos (572,000 euros; $638,000) in ransom for Sekkingstad's release.
(why was he on his own in the Phillippines?)

A happy news story to end the week on a high note:
images

Katt sendte to politibetjenter til legevakta og gjemte seg i politibil

A kitten was sighted in a tunnel, so police shut down the traffic while attempting a rescue operation. The kitten was spotted by the officers, but ran away. Eventually, they had to give up, as the operation had created an enormous traffic jam. Later, they notice a strange smell in the car ... After much effort and fears that the car had to be completely disassembled to extract the kitten from the engine room where it was hiding, the kitten was eventually lured out with cat food, but two police officers ended up in A&E in the process.

Reactions: Val
Swedish town vows to protect giant Christmas goat - BBC News
A Swedish town famous for its Christmas tradition of erecting a giant straw goat has said extra efforts will be made to protect the attraction from arsonists this year.

Yule goats are a Scandinavian tradition, and a huge version has appeared in the town of Gavle every year since 1966. But despite pulling in the crowds, the goat has regularly met a fiery fate. It has been destroyed on 34 occasions, including last year when it survived Christmas, only to be doused with petrol and set alight on 27 December.

(Gävle goat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - 2001 - Goat set on fire on 23 December by Lawrence Jones, a 51-year-old visitor from Cleveland, Ohio in the United States, who spent 18 days in jail and was subsequently convicted and ordered to pay 100,000 Swedish kronor in damages. The court confiscated Jones' cigarette lighter with the argument that he clearly was not able to handle it. Jones stated in court that he was no "goat burner", and believed that he was taking part in a completely legal goat-burning tradition. After Jones was released from jail he went straight back to the US without paying his fine. As of 2006[update] it was still unpaid. )

Norwegians laugh at new fence on Russian border - BBC News
Norwegians laugh at new fence on Russian border
The Norwegian government says the steel fence is needed to tighten security at the road crossing into Europe's passport-free Schengen zone. It is around 200m (650 feet) long and four metres high.
However, the head of the Norwegian Association for Asylum Seekers fears the fence sends out the wrong message to people genuinely in need of help.

"We think it's hopeless, it's only a symbolic gesture, but we think it's a really wrong symbolic gesture," says Ann-Magrit Austena.

In April the Norwegian parliament presented a new asylum and immigration bill that enables officials to refuse entry to anyone who did not come directly from a conflict zone.

How Sweden became an exporter of jihad - BBC News
One softly spoken young man - who I will call Imran - told me hardline recruiters were manipulating young people who had lost their way, and encouraging them to join IS.

"Like a big brother will say to you, like a father will say to you, 'Stop doing drugs, stop hitting people. Come with us instead. Fight for God. Fight for Allah. Fight for your freedom of the Muslims. The Muslim people are being killed and raped. You are wasting your life. You don't get nothing from the Swedish people.'

"This guy has been a criminal just like me and done a lot of bad stuff. And now he is coming to me and telling me, 'You have to change.'"

Imran was initially eager to travel to the Middle East and join IS. But after seeing videos and photographs of their brutality he says he is now afraid, and wants to build a life for himself in Sweden instead.

You see this built-up resentment mainly with the second-generation "non-ethnic Swedes", as they're known here.

Many of their parents fled war-torn countries in search of safety and found it in Sweden. They appear grateful for what the country has offered them. Their children, however, often feel they've been discriminated against and left out of the system. Many young people I spoke to said they felt disconnected from the country where their parents came from - but didn't feel they were Swedish either.
(Cult group recruitment techniques at Cult Recruiting Methods | Watchman Fellowship, Inc.)

Norska staten betalar skogsplantering
– Absurd å bruke penger på å plante skog
Pilotprosjekt om planting av skog på nye arealer som klimatiltak
15 million Norwegian Crowns going to a 3 year long pilot project for planting norwegian spruce to see how much climate effect (i.e. as a carbon sink) it as. A lot of people not happy with more spruce and the effects on the environment.
As spruce would naturally grow in most of the proposed areas, it's seems odd that people are complaining, but wildlife has adapted to man-made environments so much that now they seem "natural". Also the trees are planted very close to each other which isn't natural like on this photo - all the trees were planted at the same time in the 1960s.
c_X3RAzq9AJKydUqmzgOwAQPBYJKS8W2ULRCCpvQamfw

Last edited:
http://rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/121020166
Norwegian company completes 3 new oil wells at Kurdistan’s Tawke field
Norwegian oil and gas company DNO ASA (see dno.no | dno.no ) on Wednesday reported the completion of three new production wells at its flagship Tawke field in the Kurdistan Region, saying it was part of a stepped-up drilling program that began in July.

It said the Tawke-31 well “will be brought on production following an acid stimulation program,” and that Tawke-33 and Tawke-34 “are also being readied for production.” Drilling will also begin at a fourth well, Tawke-37, next week, the company said in a statement.

“The four wells are expected to cost less than USD 20 million in total and add about 10 percent to field output capacity,” the company added.

Tawke production during the third quarter averaged 109,159 barrels of oil per day, of which 108,759 bpd were delivered for export through Turkey, the DNO statement said.
(Ooh - Turkish pipeline, better be nice to Erdogan!)

As spruce would naturally grow in most of the proposed areas, it's seems odd that people are complaining
My impression is that while spruces look nice as Christmas trees, they're not particularly good for forest diversity as they supplant native species and nothing much grows on the forest floor where it grows, possibly due to the acidity of the spruce needles that fall off, and/or the lack of light because of the density of the branches. Pine is far better in this respect.