Sir Harry McNibblesALot

Harry is being a very naughty bunny today. I think he fancies me, he peed on my leg and then when I cleaned it up he got mad and tried to pee on the carpet (which he knows is bad) but I plonked him in his litterbox. Then he got really mad and hopped out of the room to pee in the hallway, but I put him in the litterbox again. Now he is having a tantrum, throwing litter and hay out of his box and glaring at me evilly.

But he's just so cute, all I can do is tell him he is a naughty lovely bunny.

Harry is being a very naughty bunny today. I think he fancies me, he peed on my leg and then when I cleaned it up he got mad and tried to pee on the carpet (which he knows is bad) but I plonked him in his litterbox. Then he got really mad and hopped out of the room to pee in the hallway, but I put him in the litterbox again. Now he is having a tantrum, throwing litter and hay out of his box and glaring at me evilly.

But he's just so cute, all I can do is tell him he is a naughty lovely bunny.

But when I do that, I get kicked out of places.

Reactions: Lord Snot and KLS52
Oh my god naughty bunny learned how to climb while I was out today and he got the to chocolate I left on the sofa. In the weeks I've had him he has never even seriously tried to get on the sofa, and he has to choose the one time I am out all day and the one time I leave dangerous food out.

I'm so scared he's going to get chocolate poisoning and die :(

Oh my god naughty bunny learned how to climb while I was out today and he got the to chocolate I left on the sofa. In the weeks I've had him he has never even seriously tried to get on the sofa, and he has to choose the one time I am out all day and the one time I leave dangerous food out.

I'm so scared he's going to get chocolate poisoning and die :(
How much did he eat? I know with dogs, it has to be quite a bit to harm them.

According to the emergency vet, not enough to kill him if he was a dog, but nobody knows what the safe levels are for rabbits. The treatment for dogs and cats is also impossible for rabbits, since they can't vomit. All I can do is wait and hope.

Yes, he seems perfectly fine. I fed him his normal evening salad, thinking it's best not to do anything else unusual to his digestion by withholding them, and he attacked them with enthusiasm. He hopped around and binkied for a bit, then flopped out in his litter tray and now he is sitting in relaxed position in his hutch, going to sleep. I saw him eat some cecotrophes, and he is dropping pellets that look the same as usual at the same rate as usual. No tooth grinding, he isn't hunching, no unusual behaviour.

I just can't believe what he got up to today! Not only did he find his way onto the sofa but he also managed to get onto the table - evidence is a kiwi fruit and an apple both with big chunks bitten out. Good news is that his big apple stick is completely stripped of bark so he has a good amount of indigestible fibre moving things along, and also that he seems to be a pretty sturdy bunny - I've tried him with more than 15 different fruits/veg over the past few weeks and none of them have upset his digestion in the slightest. The bites he took from the fruit were about the same size as I would give him for a treat, although I don't give them every day, but it shouldn't be enough to cause him any problems.

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
Excellent! I think as long as he's eating and pooping normally, he'll be fine. Especially since he's eaten some apple bark and his veg, should keep things moving along nicely and help to move the chocolate out.

Along with watching his appetite and posture, I'd just keep an eye on his poo for a day or two to make sure everything looks normal. If poo gets smaller, encourage water and wet veg, if he'll eat it; if poo seems runny, restrict him to hay. But the vet probably told you that. :)

When I only had Nick and Amelia, they never got on the sofa. Not once, in more than a year. Then Husband and I got a new sofa, and Amelia had gotten up on it and chewed a hole the size of a quarter in one of the back cushions withing a week of getting it delivered. :eek:

Ha naughty Amelia. :D Does she sit on there with you?

I have been trying to get him onto the sofa for ages so we can sit and watch TV together. I was getting stiff from sitting on the floor with him all day. But he didn't seem to realise he could jump, and even when I bought him a little chair so he could make two small jumps, he didn't get it. I tried putting parsley on the sofa, and he 'periscoped' up to sniff at it, but couldn't work out how to get it. So of course I thought it was perfectly safe to leave my leftover chocolate on the sofa when I finished munching last night. When I got home I scanned all the floors to check he hadn't suddenly taken up carpet digging, or peed on the floor, and I was thinking what a good boy he was for behaving for 15 hours alone... then I saw the nibbled chocolate, and the knocked over vase of flowers on the table...

A while ago I went to check on him in the living room and he was sitting in MY spot on the sofa, looking at me innocently. That little rascal knows exactly what he's doing.

Still can't work out how he got on the table - that is a pretty big jump!

Amelia knows being on the sofa is "bad" so she only gets up there now when she thinks I'm not looking. She doesn't care to sit on it, so when she gets up there now she tries to hide behind a pillow and dig on the cushion. None of my other bunnies have gotten on the furniture of their own will. (Once I put Benjamin on the sofa to give him medicine, and he peed on it.) They will periscope and look at it, but not jump up.

Some bunnies can jump very high. We've had bunnies in the rescue who can jump out of a 48-inch (122cm) high pen. :O

It does sound like Harry knows what's going on! Rabbits are so much smarter than most people give them credit for.

Reactions: Lord Snot
He's okay!

I woke up every hour to check on him, and consequently although I was in bed for almost 9 hours I feel like I haven't slept in a year, but this morning he is as bright as ever and still showing no symptoms so I think it's time to stop worrying. I love my bunny, I hope this is the last time he will scare the living daylights out of me!

Rabbits are great! I've always had to watch mine when they were out of their cages, though. Cardboard boxes and woody branches from plants which I knew were not toxic to them were good toys.

I hope Sir Harry and Jessica get along. My first rabbit was an only rabbit; the next two rabbits (both boys) I adopted were in the same cage at the shelter, so I didn't have to introduce them to each other... but one of them was not quite adult, and when he hit puberty, the older rabbit got annoyed with him until they were both neutered. They got along well after that but they each had their own cage anyway. I never tried caging them together, even though they got on very well when they were loose in the house or in the rabbit-proof room..

Yes, I have learned my lesson - he has to be watched :(

I am having to start shutting him in his cage at night and when I go out. That's why I really want him to have a friend, so he isn't bored and lonely when we're out.

Do you still have bunnies?