Silly/Annoying/Funny Things Omnis Say

I have only ever seen one 'reality' show that had a Vegan in it that I would be happy to represent Vegans. She was lovely. Every other veggie/vegan on 'reality' shows like Come Dine With Me and Wife Swap are nutters that make us look like idiots!

A girl on my FB is on a diet, shes pretty overweight, she says shes eating low fat....but meats ok cos its healthy

:fp:

On CDWM, when someone serves a veggie meal, everyone says they love it, until later in the car, when they moan about lack of meat. Grrrr!

Today, an omni annoyed me by posting a 'save the plants, eat a vegan' thing, and it transpired that apparently pointing out the logical fallacy in that statement constitutes a 'hissy fit'. *heavy sigh*

Reactions: Vegetarian
On CDWM, when someone serves a veggie meal, everyone says they love it, until later in the car, when they moan about lack of meat. Grrrr!

Today, an omni annoyed me by posting a 'save the plants, eat a vegan' thing, and it transpired that apparently pointing out the logical fallacy in that statement constitutes a 'hissy fit'. *heavy sigh*

Betcha if you posted 'save a cow, eat an omni' you'd be told off too...

Questions like:

'why do you eat yeast? Yeast is a living thing! What about bacteria? How can you eat anything with bacteria on, that's alive! How do you know they're not animals???'

How do you all answer this one?

Had the 'honey' talk with my future mother in law, during which she made 'if you say so' faces and claimed that bees weren't really animals....

How about this one (?)
and that you don't need to kill the bees to get honey
and the bees are eating pollen (plant based) to create the honey

not pot stirring
just wanting to learn!

Not sentient

Its the same when they say 'plants have feelings'

Honey is the product of cruelty because Queen are clipped so they dont leave the hive therefore creating a need for the worker bees to make honey and froced to breed. And when the Queen is of no use to the Beekeeper. She is killed and replaced with a new Queen.
Honey is produced by bees FOR bees as food. Not for human consumption. No animals produces anything for humans. Always for themselves

How about this one (?)
and that you don't need to kill the bees to get honey
and the bees are eating pollen (plant based) to create the honey

not pot stirring
just wanting to learn!

Many vegans believe that regardless of how something is collected, nothing that has come from an animal is ours to use as we please. It's not just to do with killing.

This aside, there's plenty of animals that, theoretically, you wouldn't have to kill in order to collect the animal product - milk, eggs, wool, and so on. Sadly, not killing the animals doesn't go hand-in-hand with profits, so businesses have a tendency to kill creatures if it's easier and cheaper to do so. When harvesting honey, it's possible to get the bees out of the way in order to collect it, but it's easier to just collect it straight away. Some bees get squished. Some places gas the bees so they won't get mad. A lot die when hives are transported en masse. That's why I don't eat the stuff.

Many vegans believe that regardless of how something is collected, nothing that has come from an animal is ours to use as we please. It's not just to do with killing.

This aside, there's plenty of animals that, theoretically, you wouldn't have to kill in order to collect the animal product - milk, eggs, wool, and so on.

this was helpful, thank you!
So bees and bugs are considered animals?

I read that in north America the main product of the bee industry is bee's wax, rather than the honey. I suppose to put in polish and make candles.

tumblr_lo6t87XXuB1qz4th4o1_500.jpg

Reactions: FortyTwo
Saw this on a bumper sticker today "Kids that hunt, trap, and fish don't steal, deal, and murder". WTF!!! :mad::bang: