Show me your (baked) goodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuicideBlonde

Adorkable rockstar!
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
I have found that baking relaxes me. I am still learning, but still am looking for awesome recipes or tips.

Share baking tips and recipes please. Oh and pictures also!

NUM!

Cherry Almond Muffins from Alice-Bee (Nicci)
cherry almond muffins (2).JPG

I don't bake as much as I used to, too much sugar. :(

I make the most awesome cinnamon rolls though, my grandmas recipe, I'll see if I can find it. Hers made mine look like crap though.

This site is my go to for baking tips and recipes. There is a chocolate cookie recipe made from cake mix that can be adapted. For Christmas, I add cranberries,nuts and chocolate chips. For Valentine's Day I added cherries and made a little thumbprint in the middle which was filled with a spoonful of cherry pie filling after the cookies cooled. It's one of the best chocolate cookie recipes I've tried. The pumpkin cookies are awesome as well. Oh, and the chocolate banana cake is to die for!:)

Madhuram's Eggless Cooking Blog | Cooking/Baking Without Eggs

More useful tips.
Vegan Baking: The Post Punk Kitchen Shows You How! | Post Punk Kitchen | Vegan Baking & Vegan Cooking

I need to try to take a halfway decent picture of the vegan muffins I have been baking lately. The most recent batch was made with whole wheat flour, zucchini, carrots, date, apricots, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and applesauce. No oil or added sugar. They're very tasty, relatively hearty and make for healthier mid-morning snacks.

The cupcakes I made boyfriend for his birthday:

581516_10150864440625120_1709559174_n.jpg

Aery, those are awesome!

Aery, those are awesome!

Thanks :D The guys at his work loved them, there were none left for me :( But apparently, they were raving about them and then boy was like "and by the way, they're vegan". Everyone was totally shocked. I'm changing opinions on vegan food, one cupcake at a time :p

. I'm changing opinions on vegan food, one cupcake at a time :p

Ha ha...love this! :)

Recipe?

I never get frosting right.

Annies Vegan Rosemary Garlic Bread Recipe

Today's experiment.

The cupcakes are the basic golden vanilla ones from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World. The frostings were premade, because we couldn't find all the ingredients for my usual frosting where boyfriend lives :(

Cherry Almond Muffins from Alice-Bee (Nicci)
cherry almond muffins (2).JPG

They look so much better than mine! Mine were wet inside...*waits for Envy or Spang to make a joke*

Thanks :D The guys at his work loved them, there were none left for me :( But apparently, they were raving about them and then boy was like "and by the way, they're vegan". Everyone was totally shocked. I'm changing opinions on vegan food, one cupcake at a time :p

Haha..I did this too. I made vegan cakes, cookies and fudge. M shared them round at his work (all manly men...rar steak and beer types) and they loved them and demanded more fudge. Then he said they were Vegan...they were so shocked! But still demanded more :D

OMG! The bread turned out so good! I switched a few things. I only had unbleached white flower so I replace 1/3 cup with vital wheat gluten because I read the difference between reg flower and bread flower was bread has a higher gluten content.

MMMMMMM!

OMG! The bread turned out so good! I switched a few things. I only had unbleached white flower so I replace 1/3 cup with vital wheat gluten because I read the difference between reg flower and bread flower was bread has a higher gluten content.

MMMMMMM!

You always do so well with 'tweaking' recipes! :)

The cupcakes are the basic golden vanilla ones from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World. The frostings were premade, because we couldn't find all the ingredients for my usual frosting where boyfriend lives :(
What brands of premade are vegan?

What brands of premade are vegan?

The Silver Spoon and Asda's own decorating icings (the ones in the tube with the different nozzles). Probably others, but those were the two in use.

The Silver Spoon and Asda's own decorating icings (the ones in the tube with the different nozzles). Probably others, but those were the two in use.

Seriously....cool!

The double chocolate banana cake that I don't remember where I saw the recipe from. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343553577.404894.jpg

DSC05100.JPGDSC05102.JPG

These are some goodies that I made for a Christmas afternoon tea.

I made the following :

A mincemeat (homemade mincemeat) crumble cake (to die for) made with spelt flour served with Oatly cream. Oatmeal, raisin and pecan cookies, orange and chocolate truffles, MS's mini vanilla cheescakes.
Everything was vegan except for the cheesecakes.Two of my guests absolutely hated them and said that they were sickly and furthermore left them on the side of their plates.:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, looks amazin! I'll have some of that mincemeat crumble, please! :)

Made 100% organic, vegan, chocolate chip cookies recently... they got rave reviews, all from non-vegans. :) One friend, who I just found out used to be an actual cookie baker, said they were "perfect"... a friend of my mother demanded a recipe. I guess I'll have to type it up.... :rolleyes:

1-22-19 Vegan CC Cookies.JPG
1-28-19 SnowdayCookies.JPG

Made 100% organic, vegan, chocolate chip cookies recently... they got rave reviews, all from non-vegans. :) One friend, who I just found out used to be an actual cookie baker, said they were "perfect"... a friend of my mother demanded a recipe. I guess I'll have to type it up.... :rolleyes:

View attachment 15592
View attachment 15593
Aaah, these are the epic cookies i saw on Twitter...:lick:

MOD POST : I have locked this thread as it is a duplicate one. We have done a lot of tiding up in the F&D due to the large number of duplicate threads. There is one general thread where you can upload photos and post about what you've cooked or baked.

What did you cook or Bake today?

Status
Not open for further replies.