Sex of perps of mass/serial/spree killings

Re-edited my post, you might want to reread it.

Thanks.

Sex/gender and intelligence is a complex subject for sure. For instance, one of the reasons you find men at the extreme of the low end of the intelligence is Fragile X syndrome; put probably much too simplistically, because women have the extra x chromosome to fall back on, men are affected by Fragile X syndrome much more significantly than women.

Another interesting tidbit is that mean intelligence tips slightly to the advantage of women later in life. Now, whether that is a result of hormonal changes in women that don't occur in men*, different societal expectations, or basic differences in brain structure and/or function - that seems to be anyone's guess at this point.

*I would tend to doubt this - I think it's pretty well established that menopause plays havoc with memory at least, and that's certainly been my personal experience.

I totally disagree with that one.

What's your explanation then?

I suspect that its the better nutrition and increased education that are strong environmental factors responsible for the gains in intelligence. It specifically seems to affect the lower-end of the scale.

I was just wondering this myself last night. I don't have an answer, but I do hope they make an example out of this sick ******* since he didn't off himself the way most of these cowards do. Maybe it will keep the next up-and-coming sick ******* from acting on his urges.

I was just wondering this myself last night. I don't have an answer, but I do hope they make an example out of this sick ******* since he didn't off himself the way most of these cowards do. Maybe it will keep the next up-and-coming sick ******* from acting on his urges.

To be honest, making an example of murderers has never stopped one before. Not that I would feel sorry for him if they did. But I think prevention is better than cure in this case anyway....

Put me in charge of it. The example I'd make of him might stop a few of them.

Maybe. But the point is that once someone is in that state of mind they are more or less suicidal anyway, they just want to take others out with them. So no matter what example is made, it is a poor deterrent.

What gains do you mean? Do you have a link to something that shows human intelligence is on the rise? I'm genuinely curious, not trying to argue. I'm just wondering how on earth you could compare the IQ of an average ancient Egyptian to an average modern day person, for example.

Flynn Effect.

"The Flynn effect is the name given to a substantial and long-sustained increase in intelligence test scores measured in many parts of the world."

Maybe. But the point is that once someone is in that state of mind they are more or less suicidal anyway, they just want to take others out with them. So no matter what example is made, it is a poor deterrent.

True most of them kill themselves but if making an example of this ******* stops just ONE nutter who has something like this in mind, it's worth it.

I agree with the world's right to know about this stuff but at the same time I think the nonstop talk about it encourages copycats who also want to be "famous."