September Health Challenge (2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to try to give up gluten again this month as I am sure I have an intolerance. I am going to try to eat naturally gluten-free food instead of buying a lot of replacements.

I've started the CBD oil again today. I am taking capsules this time instead of just the oil.

ETA - I do notice that the CBD makes me feel more mellow! It is supposed to be good for anxiety, even though I'm not particularly anxious about anything at the moment. I was thinking of trying the vaping...

Update - I had to go back on gluten as I am going to be tested for coeliac disease in 6 weeks and you have to eat food with gluten before you have the test.

I had to cut back on the CBD capsules as they kept making me sleepy!:D I was taking naps throughout the day. I only take one or two before bed now.

Update - I had to go back on gluten as I am going to be tested for coeliac disease in 6 weeks and you have to eat food with gluten before you have the test.

Yep, we've all be through this this past year. You have to be eating gluten in order to get an accurate reading for whether or not you are intolerant.

UGH!!! The humidity! It's just been gross here since June. I'm just back from a mid-morning walk. I thought it'd be fine, since it was only 75F, but the humidity made it feel like I was slogging my way through warm soup. :pout:

UGH!!! The humidity! It's just been gross here since June. I'm just back from a mid-morning walk. I thought it'd be fine, since it was only 75F, but the humidity made it feel like I was slogging my way through warm soup. :pout:
It has been unusually humid up my way this year. Just brutal. I have no energy when it's like that. Good on you for getting through it.
Today I did an intense but short workout on the treadmill because apparently people here can't drive in the rain. Traffic moved very slowly, so I had time only for 22 minutes, but I climbed like a pro. :D

Reactions: KLS52
I missed 12 days of my morning walk because of the back/pelvis/hip issue I was having. It’s so much better and I tried doing a mile and half on Thursday but it definitely started to aggravate it. I might try again this morning as soon as the sun comes up. I definitely don’t want to rush it and make it hurt again. It felt almost normal yesterday. I’ll see how I do after coffee. I’m so happy I can stop taking the Advil/Tylenol. I need the walking more for my mental health than the physical part of it, anyway.

I missed 12 days of my morning walk because of the back/pelvis/hip issue I was having. It’s so much better and I tried doing a mile and half on Thursday but it definitely started to aggravate it. I might try again this morning as soon as the sun comes up. I definitely don’t want to rush it and make it hurt again. It felt almost normal yesterday. I’ll see how I do after coffee. I’m so happy I can stop taking the Advil/Tylenol. I need the walking more for my mental health than the physical part of it, anyway.
I can’t tell you the difference a $65 pair of orthodics made in my lower back pain. I wear them in my sneakers for my daily walks and wow! what a difference.

I had hoped to be down 15 by the time we went on vacation 10/1, but it may be that I'll have to settle for 14. Then, for 10 days, I just hope I'll be able to counter vacation food and drink with lots and lots of walking and hiking. However, I hear there's vegan gelato where I'm headed. :rolleyes:

I haven't had any alcohol since Tuesday.:pout: It hasn't been that bad.:D I'm not going to have any for the whole of October too. I'm assuming I will lose some weight as an unintended consequence. Probably save some money too!:p

I haven't had any alcohol since Tuesday.:pout: It hasn't been that bad.:D I'm not going to have any for the whole of October too. I'm assuming I will lose some weight as an unintended consequence. Probably save some money too!:p
That’s awesome. I bet you will find that you will feel better and better! :)

I have a close friend who is an alcoholic and alcohol can affect a person, negatively, if they already have health issues. She has an autoimmune disease as well as clinical depression, ADD, anxiety and sleep issues. She’s been in and out of AA and it’s interesting to see how all of her symptoms/issues come into play when she’s in a cycle of drinking. Even just two glasses of wine after work. She does binge, at times, to the point of becoming sick/passing out. It’s usually when something isn’t going right in her life and the depression is in high gear. It’s so upsetting to watch because I can’t help her in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.