September Health Challenge (2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I’ll start September off right and go for my morning walk. :)

Reactions: PTree15
Hello, September. I'm down 12 pounds, still keeping up a blistering .5 - 1 pound a week loss. :rolleyes: I thought this past weekend would be hard as the family was in. But as it turns out, running after 3 granddaughters is a great way burn calories - especially as one is just walking and loves to barrel toward the stairs, the dogs or the fireplace!

My goal is to be down 15 before the end of September, in time for a trip at the beginning of October. ;)

I'm making my goal a simple one: eat breakfast every day. Even something like a banana is better than nothing. I usually just have coffee, which is not the greatest breakfast :confused:

I'm going to try to give up gluten again this month as I am sure I have an intolerance. I am going to try to eat naturally gluten-free food instead of buying a lot of replacements.

I've started the CBD oil again today. I am taking capsules this time instead of just the oil.

ETA - I do notice that the CBD makes me feel more mellow! It is supposed to be good for anxiety, even though I'm not particularly anxious about anything at the moment. I was thinking of trying the vaping...

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52
I honestly didn’t know what I expected, but I’m a little disappointed that my shape hasn’t really changed. I’m just a smaller version of my previous self. :rolleyes:

I got in a good walk this morning at work. I have a hiking trip on Saturday in New Hampshire with my sister, so I'm going to up the hills work this week. :)

I got in a good walk this morning at work. I have a hiking trip on Saturday in New Hampshire with my sister, so I'm going to up the hills work this week. :)

We're going to do some light hiking in October so I've been working on building leg strength too. My butt is sore. :p

Reactions: KLS52
My first half mile, of my morning walk, which is in the road, is uphill. I don’t think it’s helped me at all. Over the weekend, my friend and I were walking on a hilly grassy area and I found it very difficult. I realize there’s s big difference between walking on pavement and walking on anything other than pavement lol.

My first half mile, of my morning walk, which is in the road, is uphill. I don’t think it’s helped me at all. Over the weekend, my friend and I were walking on a hilly grassy area and I found it very difficult. I realize there’s s big difference between walking on pavement and walking on anything other than pavement lol.
Indeed, there is. :) Actual hiking regularly would help me a lot more, but I loathe the humidity, so I don't do a lot of summer hiking. The last time I went was either in February or March or something. It's been a while. :D

I did another intense treadmill session today. I had the incline no lower than 7.0 and I got it up to 15 for a minute and a half. I definitely feel it in my legs. :D I will do a gentler one tomorrow, unless it's nice enough to walk outside, which means good hills to climb.

Reactions: Val and KLS52
It was nice enough out for the walk outside. :) I can't resist it when the weather is so great. And the days of our walking outside will be numbered with fall and winter on the way.

Reactions: Val
I hear the weather through December is expected to be above average temps. It’s not likely to be beach weather, but I’m guessing it won’t be bitter cold for a while.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I hear the weather through December is expected to be above average temps. It’s not likely to be beach weather, but I’m guessing it won’t be bitter cold for a while.
That could mean more outside walks. I'll take it. :D
We got to walk outside this morning as well. Nice and cool. I need some allergy meds, though. My eyes are itching and watering, and I've got a runny nose.

I'm doing so-so with my goal to eat breakfast. I made zucchini bread on the weekend, so I've been having a slice each morning this week.

Last week I went to yoga class twice. This week I went for a 22.5 km bike ride. And I've been cooking more than usual, all recipes full of fresh vegetables with healthy fats like olive oil and coconut milk. We'll see how long that lasts before I go back to frozen foods. Although, I do plan to freeze a few of the burritos. If they reheat OK, I'll make another batch and freeze it.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
We'll see how long that lasts before I go back to frozen foods.
I'm planning to freeze some veggies myself (to buy them in bulk and make stock for the winter).:woo: To be honest, i'm after eggplants. I suspect, it would be MUCH healthier than the frozen veggies from the store. But i've never done it, and i wonder, do you have any tips on freezing veggies in your own freezer? Something that i might not know?:turnip:

I'm planning to freeze some veggies myself (to buy them in bulk and make stock for the winter).:woo: To be honest, i'm after eggplants. I suspect, it would be MUCH healthier than the frozen veggies from the store. But i've never done it, and i wonder, do you have any tips on freezing veggies in your own freezer? Something that i might not know?:turnip:
I mostly just do it with beans, not veggies. But I'd suggest using ziplock bags (or whatever) to store them as 1-2 cup portions. That's way easier than trying to cut and measure a huge frozen block. Or you can space it all out on a cookie sheet, freeze, and then put in a bag/container. That way they won't stick together.

I mostly just do it with beans, not veggies. But I'd suggest using ziplock bags (or whatever) to store them as 1-2 cup portions. That's way easier than trying to cut and measure a huge frozen block. Or you can space it all out on a cookie sheet, freeze, and then put in a bag/container. That way they won't stick together.
Thanks:flower:. I heard people freeze them in big round pieces, but perhaps it would be better to freeze the chopped ones.:pride:

Status
Not open for further replies.