Rosetta's Kitchen (Asheville NC)

sleepydvdr

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Last weekend, I was in Asheville and decided to visit Rosetta's Kitchen again. This restaurant never ceases to amaze me. For the past few weeks, I have been craving pancakes. No one makes vegan pancakes and I have made them myself with mediocre results. Well, this past Sunday morning, Rosetta's had vegan pancakes for breakfast (and at $5 for a full stack, that's a deal!). They were the best I ever had, and I'm not just saying that because I was craving them. They were crispy on the outside and fluffy/steamy on the inside. As good as these were, I also had the biscuit with gravy and a few bites of the mac & cheeze. This was carb heaven.

Everything at Rosetta's is at least vegetarian and most everything can be made vegan.

I might be going up again next weekend and hopefully I will get to try some dinner plates.

I know of Rosetta's from about 4 years ago when I took a week long trip to Asheville and ate at Rosetta's 3 times. I tried quite a bit of the menu and loved everything except for one of their staples: the peanut butter tofu. I guess it was fine for what it was, but I just didn't care for it. Their tempeh Reuben was one of my favorites at the time.

This restaurant has one of the most diverse menus of any restaurant I have seen. Examples: veggie burgers, tacos, pad Thai, cornbread & greens, kim chee, soups, chili, salads, baked tofu wraps, tempalo wings, portabella BBQ, etc. If you can't find anything on their menu that you crave, there is something wrong with you.

On the outside, the place looks like a dive. But inside, it's spacious and clean. The food is divine. If you are near Asheville, do not miss visiting this restaurant. You will love it.

Reactions: Second Summer