Vegan Rocket & Nectarine Salad

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
A handul of Rocket/Arugula, washed and dried
1 ripe (not overipe) nectarine sliced thinly.
A few sprigs of freshly chopped mint
Evo/lemon dressing or a Raspberry vinaigrette.

Place the rocket/arugula onto a plate. Add the sliced
nectarine, drizzle over the dressing and add a few spoons
of chopped mint.

Tip : You can also add a few toasted pine kernels or
sliced almonds. The idea of this salad is to keep it simple.

If you don't have any mint, suprisingly enough chopped
chives pair well with the fruit and rocket.

I'll have mine with the raspberry vinaigrette. :)

I made this the other day and served it with pissaladière.

My friend thought it was fabulous and had never tasted nectarines in a salad.

Reactions: ledboots
I used to be very weird about things like nectarines in salad but I love how my horizon has expanded with regard to food since becoming a veggie person.

I used to be very weird about things like nectarines in salad but I love how my horizon has expanded with regard to food since becoming a veggie person.

That's interesting KL. My taste buds haven't changed as I've always liked to experiment. I like to use either fresh or dry fruit in salads and main course meals.

That's interesting KL. My taste buds haven't changed as I've always liked to experiment. I like to use either fresh or dry fruit in salads and main course meals.
Me too. I use fruit in lots of dishes that would have seemed surprising to me years ago. Banana in black bean soup, for example. :D

"Diet For A Small Planet" has a vegetarian/vegan version of Feijoada, a traditional Brazilian black bean stew which usually has 2 or 3 different kinds of meat. It calls for an orange, which I thought would taste strange, but I tried making it and it was actually pretty good.

Reactions: KLS52 and ledboots