Recently Deceased artists (2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extreme sadness:
One of the 8-bit computing scene’s most talented musicians has sadly passed away, leaving a legacy that includes The Last Ninja and Trap.

The retro gaming scene has lost one of its most celebrated figures, with news that British composer Ben Daglish has died at the age of just 52.
More: Legendary C64 composer Ben Daglish has died | Metro News (4. Oct. 2018)

I was meant to go to a concert with him and a few other Commodore 64 composers next weekend. The event is still going ahead, but it won't be nearly the same.

:cry::cry::cry:

@MadamSarcastra That's a relief. I wouldn't say I'm a huge Tim Burton fan to the point of being fanatical, but I like his work. It's usually dark, but somehow it's not depressing... "Beetlejuice" (great acting, and I loved the depiction of the afterlife), "Edward Scissorhands", "Nightmare Before Christmas", "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", "Alice In Wonderland".

I'm trying to picture Nicholas Cage as Superman. That would be imaginative.

@MadamSarcastra That's a relief. I wouldn't say I'm a huge Tim Burton fan to the point of being fanatical, but I like his work. It's usually dark, but somehow it's not depressing... often humorous, but not usually a cruel or sadistic humor (from what I've seen: "Beetlejuice" (great acting, and I loved the depiction of the afterlife), "Edward Scissorhands", "Nightmare Before Christmas", "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", "Alice In Wonderland".

I'm trying to picture Nicholas Cage as Superman. That would be imaginative.
I would say I'm pretty much "over" the Tim Burton fascination. My buddy got a hat for me a couple years ago... trucker-style (yuck)... and it's got Jack Skellington on the front. It was obviously a last-minute gift purchase... "Nightmare Before Christmas", while very good, wouldn't even crack my top 50 favorite films. It (and Jack) are among Jer's faves, though. My fave character in it is Oogie Boogie. :cool:

I've guess I've just gotten really tired of Burton's stuff. And my god, he needs to ditch Johnny Depp!! If I have to see that horrific ****-show of an "actor" in one more thing I'm gonna vomit. :yuck: LMAO

:fp: Oh :argh:good grief, I got sucker punched :bsm:

Tim Burton dead 2018 : Director killed by celebrity death hoax - Mediamass

;) I must admit it does tickle my warped sense of humour :)

I saw your post & wondered why Twitter wasn't losing its ****, became quite suspicious.... LOL :p Hey, don't feel bad, we've all been duped... and nowadays it's easier than ever. :|

Have you seen 9 (2009) - IMDb ?? Now, that's a cool Burton flick.... :up:

51uoycw1qHL._SY445_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.