Recently Deceased artists (2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This made me sad:

'Captain' Daryl Dragon, of Captain & Tennille, dead at 76 - CNN

Daryl Dragon ("The Captain" of "The Captain And Tennille") passed away. He played with The Beach Boys previous to his C&T days. If I remember right, they were both vegetarians, at least for a time.
I was like 12-13 when they were out and I did have that album with Love will Keep Us together. I knew all the words! They were so fun, and they were vegetarian! I was trying to be then and that made an impact on me. I loved the variety shows they would be on, like Sonny & Cher.
My cousin looked like Tennille and had the same haircut

Yes, our news announced it early in the morning.:sniff: I hate it when composers die, even if they are "old".:sigh:

He was a very talented composer and one of my favourites tracks that he composed is from the film Summer of 42. This is a very moving film and such a sad story. The leading actress is also very beautiful.

He was a very talented composer and one of my favourites tracks that he composed is from the film Summer of 42. This is a very moving film and such a sad story. The leading actress is also very beautiful.

Yes, it's a beautiful track, thank you.:hug: And a very colorful, developped orchestral arrangement too. Eeeh... then were the times when composers were writing orchestration themselves, not asking someone and paying others for the work they are unable to do (like it happens now most of the time). The piano part reminds me some soundtracks by Riz Ortolani, Pino Donaggio and Ryuichi Sakamoto.:innocent: What about the piano part itself...- i probably would be hammering away at the piano for a half a year, if i had to learn it.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back