News The Nobel Peace Prize - 2018

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
The 2018 Nobel Peace Prize has gone to campaigners against rape in warfare, Nadia Murad and Denis Mukwege.
Ms Murad is an Iraqi Yazidi who was tortured and raped by Islamic State militants and later became the face of a campaign to free the Yazidi people.
Dr Mukwege is a Congolese gynaecologist who, along with his colleagues, has treated tens of thousands of victims.

2018 Nobel Peace Prize Awarded to Yazidi Activist and Congolese Doctor

Reactions: KLS52
I'm glad the prize has gone to campaigners who clearly deserve it, for their courage and their efforts for a very worthy cause. (As opposed to what I consider mistakes by the committee in the recent past: The Nobel Peace Prize committee has screwed up again )

I totally agree. I saw the story on the news this morning and Denis Mukwege who is a doctor in Congo is doing a fantastic job.
I could have cried when I saw what men are doing to woman after these atrocious rapes. Moreover, the reporter showed a little 12 yr old girl who had just given birth after having being raped.

How can men be so vile ?!!!!!

From time to time, I watch #HUMAN videos on youtube. When I saw this news, I went to check whether Dr. Mukwege is the same individual who had made a strong impression on me from one of the #HUMAN videos.

He is.

Reactions: Val
From time to time, I watch #HUMAN videos on youtube. When I saw this news, I went to check whether Dr. Mukwege is the same individual who had made a strong impression on me from one of the #HUMAN videos.

He is.

Indeed he is. What strikes me is his lovely smile. I think that his personality and ability to be able to work in these conditions of human misery, brings a ray of hope to survivors.

Reactions: Val