Random Animal Encounters

Can't say that I encountered the actual animals but they left these prints last night. The first one almost looks like turkey tracks. They do visit my yard daily during the summer. Do they wander around at night too?

And I have no idea what the second set of prints are. I heard a bit of a racket last night and figured it was raccoons but I can't tell from the prints.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360029304.701508.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360029325.267710.jpg

A few years back, my friend came over so we could go out to dinner. When he arrived, there was a possum, sitting still as a statue on the chain link fence. When I came out, I noticed it right away. He thought it was fake, because of how still it was. We slowly and deliberately got in the car and left. When we got back, there was no sign of the possum. A few weeks later, on my way to work, I saw one dead on the side of the road a few blocks down. It made me sad. I hate living in the city and I'm sure it's no treat for our animal friends either.

In Connecticut, we had a skunk living under the porch, so my brother set a humane trap so he could relocate it. The first morning I came out, and the cutest little possum was in there. I let him out, and proceeded to feed him the next few nights by baiting the cage and then letting him out in the morning. :D Gave up and ended up leaving the skunk there, and he never did spray. :)

Reactions: KLS52
beeswarmsmall.jpg

A swarm of bees on the side of my house last Spring. They had found a 1 cm cable hole in the siding and built a hive inside the wall of the garage. The guy who came to remove them said their were doing something known as "bearding". It was the first hot day of the year and the workers hang out outside the hive flapping their wings to fan the hive and cool it down. Pretty cool. I felt bad about having them removed; many died in the process and I know he was going to use them for honey. But at one point the swarm was inside the garage, which was untenable.

Not exactly random since it was a planned trip to Mystic Aquarium but I couldn't decide where to put these. Josh is attending a week long camp and I get to share two days worth. Will be going back there again today. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373360402.010955.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373360427.092340.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373360440.075732.jpg