Question about cane sugar

Sho

Newcomer
Reaction score
So according to what I have read almost all cane sugar isn’t vegan. So is the cane sugar in the vegan ice cream vegan sugar? Does anyone worry about cane sugar?

So according to what I have read almost all cane sugar isn’t vegan.

I would be interested to see what you've read on this. From what I've read on cane sugar, pretty well all organic sugar is in fact 100% vegan.

"If a sugar is labeled organic, does that mean it’s not filtered with bone char?

Yes. Certified U.S. Department of Agriculture organic sugar cannot be filtered through bone char. If the sugar you want to buy isn’t organic, check to see if it says “unrefined” or if it’s made from beets. " Source

Furthermore, the following companies do not use bone-char filters:

• In the Raw
  • Big Tree Farms
  • Billington’s
  • Bob’s Red Mill
  • Florida Crystals
  • Imperial Sugar
  • In the Raw
  • Michigan Sugar Company
  • Now Foods
  • Rapunzel
  • The Raw Cane
  • Redpath
  • Simple Truth (Kroger/Ralphs’ brand of Organic Sugar)
  • Simply Balanced (Target’s brand of Organic Sugar)
  • SuperValue
  • Trader Joe’s
  • Western Sugar Cooperative
  • Wholesome!
  • Woodstock Farms
  • Zulka
In Canada - Rogers Sugar

– All products under the subsidiary Lantic and Taber trademarks are vegan

– Rogers sugar from Montreal and Alberta is vegan, but the Vancouver refinery uses bone char

– Rogers products with the code starting with the number “10” are from Vancouver, British Columbia

A lot of companies now state on their packaging if they're vegan. Nonetheless, there's a plethora of vegan choices, but personally, I use either organic coconut sugar, maple syrup, and sometimes agave.

Ahh I guess I just need to get organic cane sugar and I am good. Also I use agave generally.