UK Product Thread

I thought that this slow cooker could be helpful for people who also have an omni to cook for. You could also cook the main dish plus the pudding or side dish in the second pot. :)

Slow cookers are a wonderful invention, but most are one-pot wonders that are ideal if all the family are happy to eat the same thing, offering no allowances for different dietary requirements, or side dishes and desserts, so we’re delighted to introduce our Lakeland 2-Pot Slow Cooker to solve the problem. Two independently controlled ceramic cooking pots sit inside the brushed stainless steel exterior, enabling you to cook different versions of the same dish, ensuring everyone can sit down together at the same time and enjoy what’s right for them.][So whether you’re avoiding an ingredient that one diner just can’t eat, making a choice of curries to entertain friends, offering a veggie or vegan option to someone who’s gone meat-free, or serving a slow-cooked pudding to follow the melt-in-the mouth main course, we think this clever little twin-pot slow cooker is fab.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Reactions: Val
Really want to try these but their high price point is annoying me. Should be half the price.

Will probably (definitely :D) give in though because the flavours sound delicious.

We'll make you our official UK taster ! I totally agree that the price is ridiculous. The only hope is that perhaps one day, Poundland may have them in stock.
😆

Really want to try these but their high price point is annoying me. Should be half the price.

Will probably (definitely :D) give in though because the flavours sound delicious.
A lot of people, that i'm subscribed to on Instagram, are obsessed with this chocolate, and they post it night and day.😁 If it ever comes to our country, i'll give it a try, despite that i'm not a chocolate person anymore.🤪

Reactions: hungryraccoon
A lot of people, that i'm subscribed to on Instagram, are obsessed with this chocolate, and they post it night and day.😁 If it ever comes to our country, i'll give it a try, despite that i'm not a chocolate person anymore.🤪
I know, people are crazy for it aren't they! Well I was just in Tesco's & every flavour was sold out so couldn't get it anyway.

• Wow
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
I saw the following programme on BBC last night. It was mainly filmed inside major Cornish Sainsbury's stores and there was a lot of talk
about new vegan products that were tested for Christmas 2019.
Their testing panels were excited because of the 600 Billion vegan market (thanks flexitarians) in the UK and their new vegan range. Moreover, they were in competition with other major retailers including M&S and Waitrose and there was a meal testing done with food magazines such as Olive, BBC Good Food etc.:p All the dishes looked (including Veggie Wellington) fabulous.:lick: Sadly, Sainsbury's didn't win the award in the best vegan dishes. I'm amazed as their vegan range has the best bangers ever.:oops:

It would seem that in the UK there is a huge buzz about new vegan (ready meals) products. This really reflects on what you can find in most stores as the new products are flooding in by the day.

All very good news for the UK vegan market. :D

:up: 💖

aldi-specially-selected-vegan-christmas-wreath-700-350-badge.jpg

Aldi won the 1 st prize.

Specially Selected Christmas wreath Buy in-store from Aldi (£3.99)

A proper centrepiece that we’d be proud to serve to vegans and or vegetarians. This pretty wreath is made with golden, flaky pastry that encases a hearty filling of sweet butternut squash, dried fruit, earthy mushrooms and lentils. It’s well seasoned and has a pleasant flavour, however, and would go well with wholegrain mustard, cranberry or vegan gravy.

waitrose-heston-cheese-cake-700-350-badge.jpg

Vegan chocolate & cherry dessert Buy now from M&S (£10)

A stand-out winner, this impressed with its balance of rich chocolate and sharp, sour cherry. It tastes festive and indulgent, and ‘you wouldn’t know it’s vegan’ – high praise indeed.

Ooops; this was the one that they mentionned in last night's programme :

Last edited:
Popular UK bakery chain Gregg’s may soon be launching vegan steak bakes — and the Internet can’t handle it.
The rumour — shared by a member of the Vegan Food UK Facebook group — comes after the chain’s wildly successful
vegan sausage roll launch earlier this year.:up: