Pret a Manger: Should we open a vegetarian-only store?

Apparently they are going to open the all vegetarian store in London.
And here it is! Apparently it's just a pop-up shop which is closing again by the end of the month as it's just for trialling various veg*n menu items that could be introduced across the chain in the UK:
Little Veggie Pop Up (note that you can filter the menu items to see e.g. only the vegan items)

A not-so-glowing review here, with pictures:
We ate at Pret's new vegetarian restaurant — here's the verdict (3. June 2016)
(The reviewer was left in a peckish state from lack of bacon and too little coffee, apparently.)

And here it is! Apparently it's just a pop-up shop which is closing again by the end of the month as it's just for trialling various veg*n menu items that could be introduced across the chain in the UK:
Little Veggie Pop Up (note that you can filter the menu items to see e.g. only the vegan items)

A not-so-glowing review here, with pictures:
We ate at Pret's new vegetarian restaurant — here's the verdict (3. June 2016)
(The reviewer was left in a peckish state from lack of bacon and too little coffee, apparently.)

:drool:

Sushi salad... chipotle chickpea wrap... ALMOND PROTEIN COFFEE.

NEED.

One in four Pret A Manger stores could go vegetarian-only (By Sophie Witts, 17-Jun-2016)
Pret A Manger is considering opening more vegetarian-only stores following record sales at its first meat-free London site.
More: http://www.bighospitality.co.uk/Business/Pret-A-Manger-considers-opening-more-vegetarian-only-stores

Apparently, all the best-selling products are vegan!

Chefs created 45 plant-based dishes for the pop-up store in Broadwick Street, and the eight top sellers are all vegan.
More: High Street food chain Pret A Manger could open a string of vegetarian-only restaurants (20. June 2016)

Last edited:
The future is Green for Veggie Pret
"I can now tell you that we've taken the decision to keep it open for ever(!) And, if we can, to open more Veggie Pret shops in the future."
Veggie Pret Is Here To Stay
They seem to also like the type of customers they get

Reactions: PTree15
The question here is whether the success was local and perhaps therefore could be replicated all over the city or whether people traveled further distances to get to this one because it was the only one and because it was in the news. In which case each new one in the city would face steadily diminishing returns. Either way it has all been positive though.

I went into a ("normal", not all veggie) Pret for the first time in years the other week and only saw a few vegan options there. I ended up buying a houmous wrap.

I'm not sure if people had bought all the vegan stuff already that day or I was just unlucky.:D

I read that there is another veggie Pret store open in Exmouth Market in Clerkenwell. It will be the third all veggie Pret store as there is one store in Soho and another in Shoreditch. This one is a brand new store, rather than being converted from an existing Pret store. They have a new menu too.:)

I absolutely love Pret but haven't managed to get to the all-veggie store yet. Usually the normal stores have plenty of vegan options Moll... You might have been unlucky that day!

I was at one of the "regular" stores a while back, I think at Gatwick airport, and thought they had a decent selection. I had soup and some wraps, both pretty nice.

I was at the Pret at Liverpool Street and it is quite small. They did have some vegan salads, smashed beets, I think, but it was raining so I didn't fancy that.

I'm definitely going to try the new veggie Pret in the next month or so.:)

I went into a ("normal", not all veggie) Pret for the first time in years the other week and only saw a few vegan options there. I ended up buying a houmous wrap.

I'm not sure if people had bought all the vegan stuff already that day or I was just unlucky.:D

I find that a LOT. there's either only one vegan thing (that hummus wrap) or nothing at all. on a plus side it's because the shelves are empty so must be pretty popular. In Kingston there are two prets (don't ask me why) and often both are run out of vegan stuff. If I moan at them on Facebook they're usually quick to respond and ask what store so it does get fed back.

Pret now do a vegan pumpkin spice coffee... I've never had one before so looking forward to giving it a go! I dont usually add sugar to my coffee so could be interesting

I'm probably going to be compelled to walk into every Pret I see now to see what vegan options they have.:p

Yum. I was looking at the menu they have at the veggie Pret and they have some nice things.

Grilled artichoke and olive flat bread. I will probably get that and a chocolate chia pot. Actually I might get the bean wrap and a soup as well and have it the next day.

If I'm going to go to the trouble of finding the new store I may as well buy up the whole shop while I'm there.:D

I'd be happy if there would be some stores where there are more vegetarian than in others. So then I could go there with my family and we all could have some nice sandwiches or so.