Post your nature photos

My most hated and watched YouTube video:

For quite some time I didn't watch it because of the title... then, today, I started watching and when the "stars" were mentioned, I thought, "hey- it can't be that bad... and Spang usually doesn't post graphic stuff..."

Nice photography! I've seen deer in the woods a few times but they were heading away from me, so I wouldn't have gotten such footage even if I'd had recording equipment with me. And I've never seen a bear. I even liked the ant footage, and the vegetation.

I suppose it was "hated" by people who were hoping for something gory or tragic. Serves 'em right.

Reactions: Spang
For quite some time I didn't watch it because of the title... then, today, I started watching and when the "stars" were mentioned, I thought, "hey- it can't be that bad... and Spang usually doesn't post graphic stuff..."

Nice photography! I've seen deer in the woods a few times but they were heading away from me, so I wouldn't have gotten such footage even if I'd had recording equipment with me. And I've never seen a bear. I even liked the ant footage, and the vegetation.

I suppose it was "hated" by people who were hoping for something gory or tragic. Serves 'em right.
Thank you. I'm glad you liked it. It's some of my earliest work.

swallow-tailed-moth-20150711-0001.jpg

Swallow-tailed moth in my room today. What a beauty!

Definitely looks like corn to me, at least the background- I can see the leaves and the pollen tassels at the tops. Don't know about the foreground, but they look too big to be carrots.

From Helgumannen Fiskeläge (Fishing Village). It is on Fårö that is a small island in north of Gotland, Sweden. This small villages was used during fishing before. This place have no sort of docks, so the boats had to be pulled up on the shore. Most of the small huts are build between 1700 and the start of the 1900 century, but some of the ones made of stone are older.

11907185_10152931872447330_910205363305293896_n.jpg

Last edited:
I guess this is some kind of winter berry. The color is pretty amazing considering the time of year.

View attachment 955
I didn't see this before! It's Poke Weed (Pokeweed?), sometimes called Poke Salad. It's native to North America, and some started growing in my yard last year. Some parts of it are edible, evidently, but other parts (like the berries, I think) will make you sick.