Post your chili recipes!

silva

Forum Legend
Reaction score
People make chili in so many different ways! How is your chili?
Mine is a simple Instant Pot recipe--

A total of 2 cups dried beans (I like white, black and pinto) and 5 cups water. Set to 3 min pressure. Let sit up to an hour
Add a half cup red lentils, chopped onions, peppers, celery and all the chili spices you like. Set for 5 minutes and let NPR
When done, add a can of either chopped tomatoes and chilis, or crushed tomatoes, or just a Trader Joes soy chorizo.
I almost forgot, I like to add corn!

This is a nice thick chili

Last edited:
I used to just open a can of chili beans and mix with sauteed onions peppers celery and serve with rice or macaroni

Reactions: Emma JC
I like using Morningstar crumbles, black beans, kidney beans, ranch style beans (doesnt have ranch), some type of veggie like corn and peas, sometimes bbq sauce, some hot peppers. On rice.

Reactions: Emma JC
this is my new favourite, from High Carb Hannah, the recipe is in the description and there is a link for her corn chowder recipe there also...

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I love chili! Sometimes I follow a recipe and sometimes I just throw it together with tomato sauce, chili beans and maybe some other beans, diced tomatoes, spices and I like green beans or corn in it too. I don't put crumbles in my chili that often.

this time I put grilled onions in my chili. onions have became one of my favorite thing. I like cutting them in strips and using soy sauce and sometimes teriyaki.
It was Emerge chick'n, kidney beans, black beans, cannellini beans, grilled onions, soy sauce, Worcestershire (vegan) sauce, bbq sauce, jalapeno peppers and vegan beef broth.
Was delicious. Think I'm getting better at making chilis. :)

Last edited:
4-6 servings
I start by browning half to 3/4 of a large red onion (save the rest of raw onion for later).
Then toss in 2 Tbsps of Sweet Baby Rays to get them caramelizing faster and add some sweetness.
Deglaze the bottom of the pot with a partially drained can of fire roasted tomatoes.
1 package of soyrizo and then the Chili spice packet usually having some combo of chili pow, garlic pow, onion pow, cumin, salt.
Low simmer to a desired thickness and then plop in a drained can of black bean + half a can of either pinto or garbanzos.
Do a final taste test to see if it needs anything. Then some diced raw onion, avocado, fresh tomato, pickled jalapeno, and chopped cilantro on top.
Black pepper to taste.

Also like Silva's idea of adding corn. Would prob throw in before adding the stewed tomatoes to get some color on it.

Reactions: Emma JC and silva