Please stop murdering plants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is like reading never ending book... Very interesting, I might even read it one day :)

I wonder how long the author of this thread has been a fruitarian. Often, the nutritional benefits and weaknesses of a diet become more obvious with time.

Since you bring up Dr Greger- who is not biased and relies on evidence based science-
The study on eating 20 serving of fruits included vegetables, and was done solely to study fructose toxicity.
He does not advise raw diets
Raw Food Diet Myths | NutritionFacts.org
You can take you pick of his numerous studies on the importance of B12 here:
Search
Thanks Silva. When I said that Dr Greger was not biased, I meant that he was not biased towards fruitarianism, which makes his analysis of the fructose issue more valuable. However, I do think he is biased against fruitarianism! Yes, you are perfectly correct, the study I mentioned was not about strict fruitarianism as the people eating the 20 pieces of fruit per day may have included vegetables. This demonstrates further my point: No studies on strict fruitarianism have ever been carried out, so dismissing this way of life without evidence is not scientific. The interesting thing is that the main argument against fruitarianism was the so-called toxicity of fructose when taken in large amounts. The video from Dr Greger dismantled this argument.

As for the vitamin B12 issue, I recommend "The vitamin B12 hoax" by Dr Virginia Vetrano:

Sorry folks, I apologise but I have a very busy job and I cannot afford to keep posting eternally. However, it has been a real pleasure talking with you all. Even though the discussion got fiery at times, I have found your inputs very respectful and interesting. I'd like to thank you very much for that. I'm sorry if I came across confrontational, this is not who I truly am. Also, I'd like to emphasise that I completely support your efforts to spread veganism and I very much respect your commitment to this way of life. I wish you all a very beautiful journey on your paths.

Colas.

Reactions: fakei
MOD POST
I've closed this thread as no convincing arguments whatsoever against eating plants have been presented, and besides this is a vegan forum that promotes a vegan lifestyle. This kind of thread is in violation of our rules, so I think we've been more than fair to the thread starter for leaving the thread open this long.
As for the vitamin B12 issue, I recommend "The vitamin B12 hoax" by Dr Virginia Vetrano:
Beware that this article is located on on a website which promotes "natural hygiene", anti-vaccine material, and near the top of the front page has an article titled "Bill Clinton Becomes A Vegan".

Status
Not open for further replies.