please help

wolfynerd0000

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
hello i am a new member to this form but i need help i use non vegan toothpaste and soap for me it seems like meat products are unavoidable in my daily life i personally just care about not "intently at least" killing animals i check food for ingredients ect but not house hold items and only now iam i asking to switch my meds to a veg capsule and here i come to my internal conflict can i be vegetarian and use non veg soap and toothpaste in need to shower tonight and do not have easy access to vegan products veganism is a life stile but is vegetarianism meat products are unavoidable in the proses of so many things is it practical for me but also this brings up that fact of (more effort = less harm) so at what point is it to much house hold products cars plastics as a whole this world was not built for us so what do i do not take a shower not brush my teeth and curl up in a ball for the rest of my life

"Veganism is a philosophy and way of living which seeks to exclude—as far as is possible and practicable—all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose; but does that excuse me of ethical blame for not partaking in non practical aspects of vegetarianism i cant (easily and quickly) get a vegan/vegetarian life style is this excusable considering that animals die in fruit/vegetable production unintentionally anyway or that we only do a vary small amount of good should we priorities ethics and saving animals in the short term or practically and saving animals in the long term along with supporting a no kill future thru paying for are digressions with pollical change

There is little gained by personal purity. Use what you have while you research better options.
Do you have a Dollar Tree? They have a bath bar that's vegan I use- a big bar for a buck.
Shugar Soapworks.
I use Salon Selectives shampoo from there too
So many natural cleaning products work better than bought. I just discovered that saving the water from soaking rice makes a great stainless steel cleaner-just put in a spray bottle and wipe off. Oil and vinegar are another thing I have in a spray bottle, I alternate using on the fridge, and all my wood. Of coarse baking soda for counters.
Veganism is a journey, to me more about being conscience with your decisions, not as much about cringing over every choice.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
thank you for the advice it is much appreciated and i think i agree with the comment on personal purity because after all the animal are all ready killed and i think we are just a bit more respected when we take showers

It's not that hard. and it will keep getting easier as you go.

For years there were only a few brands of vegan household products. Which actually was fine - how much choice do you really need. But today there are so many - its actually gets confusing.

For instance last year during the pandemic I could not find any Tom's toothpaste but then I found a brand that is called Hello. and I think Colgate has come out with Zero. and I found out that Trader Joe's has a vegan toothpaste, too. You can use Google shopping to find a nearby store or just order them from Amazon.

Just like Silva I found vegan soap at the Dollar Store. I also found cruelty free shampoo at the dollar store, and at Trader joes, and on line.

in fact you can find almost anything online. just google what you are looking for and include the word vegan. There are also completely vegan online marketplaces. Some cost money to join but might be worth it if you live in a place that isn't vegan friendly.

Meanwhile take your time replacing what products you generally buy. you don't need to throw them out the old stuf, but it is good to have the vegan stuff on hand when you need it.

We have threads on just about all those things. I know there is a thread on toothpaste and some others on things like soap, cleansers, etc.

Reactions: Emma JC