60 g light brown sugar
40 g Kamut flour (or plain)
40 g ground almonds
1 tsp baking powder
50 g vegan margarine
4 tbs vegan cream or yogurt
100 g chopped plain chocolate
1 pinch of salt

Arrange the sliced pears in a round ovenproof dish. Sprinkle over 1 tbs of sugar and the vanilla
extract.
Melt the vegan margarine, add the cream or yogurt and 1 tsp of vanilla and stir.
Sift the flour, baking powder and ground almonds and remaining sugar. Add the wet ingredients into the flour and stir adding the chopped chocolate.
Spoon the batter over the pears, add a little extra sugar.
Bake oven 180 °C 30 mins until golden brown.
Serve warm with vanilla flavoured vegan cream or ice cream.

Reactions: ledboots
You're killing me here! :) My favorite things, pears and chocolate. ;)

I'm looking for some good Christmas cookie recipes. I want to give them as gifts, and I'm in a cookie exchange, too. I'm going to gift them in tins, I guess, or like big canning jars? Anyway, do you have any delicious cookie (biscuit :)) recipes? I am making sugar cookies, really thin, and chocolate chip oatmeal walnut (for me) so far, and I want to make several other kinds.

You're killing me here! :) My favorite things, pears and chocolate. ;) :up:

I'm looking for some good Christmas cookie recipes. I want to give them as gifts, and I'm in a cookie exchange, too. I'm going to gift them in tins, I guess, or like big canning jars? Anyway, do you have any delicious cookie (biscuit :)) recipes? I am making sugar cookies, really thin, and chocolate chip oatmeal walnut (for me) so far, and I want to make several other kinds.

Stained glass window biscuits are very festive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/stainedglasswindowbi_87505

Gingerbread men

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/68611/double-ginger-gingerbread-men

I also put up a Cornish biscuit recipe in the British Bakes section.

Tell me more about your cookie exchange ?:)

Reactions: ledboots
Those look great, on quick read, thank you so much! ! :) A, bunch of us get together a couple weeks before Christmas, and we each bring a bunch of cookies. We have lunch, eat cookies and drink coffee, tea, or wine, and we each go home with tons of different kinds of cookies for the holidays. This year there will be about a dozen or so of us. There are three other vegans besides me attending, and others will let me know if there are any other vegan cookies there. A lot of the same people have been doing this for a few years now, so I know whose cookies are good, etc. ;) It's fun, and I love taking the time to bake, I don't always. :)

That sounds fabulous.:) You always do such fun things in the States!

Do you eat the non vegan cookies or make an exception when you're invited out ?
What are your favourite cookies ? I like shortbread and cookies with nuts.

There are *plenty* of vegan ones there to choose from, so I'm okay. There are some that will bring gluten free, nut free, etc, and label them (not everyone does this). Oh, we also bring copies of the recipe, unless secret, so I just have to look at that if I'm not sure.

My favorite cookies usually have chocolate involved ;), but I also love shortbread. I am going to check out your recipe for that, I would love to bring vegan shortbread cookies to the exchange! I also like hearty cookies like oatmeal with nuts and dried fruit. This year's exchange is going to be at a friend from India's house, and she is making tons of vegan food, (and non vegan), spicy! I'm excited, if you can't tell. :D Cookies!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353428304056.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353428304056.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 364
There are *plenty* of vegan ones there to choose from, so I'm okay. There are some that will bring gluten free, nut free, etc, and label them (not everyone does this). Oh, we also bring copies of the recipe, unless secret, so I just have to look at that if I'm not sure.

My favorite cookies usually have chocolate involved ;), but I also love shortbread. I am going to check out your recipe for that, I would love to bring vegan shortbread cookies to the exchange! I also like hearty cookies like oatmeal with nuts and dried fruit. This year's exchange is going to be at a friend from India's house, and she is making tons of vegan food, (and non vegan), spicy! I'm excited, if you can't tell. :D Cookies!

Yes, also my favourites.:lick:

uploadfromtaptalk1353428304056-jpg.1147
:up: