PB2 (powdered peanut butter)

KLS52

Love Is A Verb
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Has anyone tried this? I bought it a few months ago because I was on a weight loss program with WW and this has fewer calories and fewer points than peanut butter.
The difference in calories and fat is big. I do not eat peanut butter with no salt or sugar anyway so the fact that this has a bit of sugar and salt is not a deterrent. Curious what others think about it. It doesn’t taste as good plain...I wouldn’t eat it by the spoonful like I do with regular pb, but in a sandwich with a bit of jam or eating it with an apple which I usually do, it’s very enjoyable and satisfying.
E41712C0-4ABA-4A32-A5B6-45474E422D47.png

• Informative
Reactions: Lou and Brian W
It's not available overhere, however I have seen it in H&B's and it was quite expensive. I would imagine that it's a product for
people who count calories as it is fat free. A powdered form is also more convenient if you wish to flavour food without all of those calories.

I wouldn't mind tasting it but really like regular pb due to it's fat content and creamy texture. I buy the sugar free, roasted peanut style such as
Pip & Nut which has the most fabulous taste and texture. A small amount goes a long way.:)

Reactions: KLS52
It does cost more. It’s definitely great for adding flavor, like oatmeal. I agree there is nothing like the real thing, which I still use it’s probably 50/50. There is no comparison in taste though. But it’s a nice addition to my low calorie repertoire of snacks lol. 😊

Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
It does cost more. It’s definitely great for adding flavor, like oatmeal. I agree there is nothing like the real thing, which I still use it’s probably 50/50. There is no comparison in taste though. But it’s a nice addition to my low calorie repertoire of snacks lol. 😊

KL snacks! :D

• Love
Reactions: KLS52
I use a similar brand, almost every day, PB&Me, and I actually find it a lot less expensive. It is available in my grocery store for $13 per bottle and I can get it on amazon for about $10.50 per bottle. I just received a dark roasted version and haven't opened one yet as I have one open already. I put it in smoothies and in my oatmeal "melange" and view it also as an "emergency food".

Because of the lower fat content it is also much easier to clean the blender and my oatmeal bowl and it lasts a lot longer than the regular peanut butter would. Also, this brand has choices that are sugar free and salt free which is the one I normally buy. The dark roast is also sugar and salt free and has only twice roasted peanuts in it. (The image is too huge to insert)

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

My supermarket has Pbfit
24 oz for 11.99

Peanut Butter Powder, Original
8 g plant-based protein. Gluten free. 87% less fat & about 1/3 the calories (Traditional peanut butter has 188 calories and 16g fat compared to 70 calories and 2g fat in PBfit per prepared 32g (16g dry) serving) of traditional peanut butter! Non GMO Project verified. nongmoproject.org. All natural. Plant-based. Protein. Go ahead - lick the spoon! PBfit is everything you love about peanut butter, made better. Whole-roasted peanuts, pressed to perfection, means PBfit contains 87% less fat than traditional peanut butter, and about 1/3 the calories (Traditional peanut butter has 188 calories and 16g fat compared to 70 calories and 2g fat in PBfit per prepared 32g (16g dry) serving). All that's left is powerful peanut protein, and a rich, guilt-free flavor you'll crave on everything. Blend me! Shake me! Bake me! www.betterbodyfoods.com. www.pbfit.com. For recipes visit www.pbfit.com. BPA free. Product of USA.​

I will get some asap.

I paid $11.30 for a pound on Amazon. It’s $5.49 for 6.5 oz in the supermarket.
I think I was looking to see if there were any real negatives to it. It didn’t seem like there would be considering the ingredients.
I added some to the chocolate truffles I made a few weeks ago. I need to make more. They were amazing and so easy to make.

I got this article in my news feed today.

It says "the 10 best Healthy Peanut Butter brands... "
and then lists them 1 - 10.
Are they in no particular order? or is the author nuts?
Maybe they are in reverse order?

#1 and #2 contain sugar and oil.
I think you have to get down to #4 before you get to a product that only contains peanuts.

# 9 is the PB brand that I buy when I am not at a store that has a Peanut Butter Grinder.

and #10 is what started this thread in the first place. PB2.

You know, I bet it is in reverse order. They should have said so. and I read the article twice.