PB Cheese-Improvement in 2020?

For Aldi shoppers, their truly awful vegan mozz shreds has improved immensely! Package looks the same, but it's totally different. Maybe not the best, but now I really like it, it's no longer gluey, but melts stretchy without the stick to teeth quality, and tastes good.
I found their vegan mozz almost sweet, and I didn't like it. Is it less sweet?

I found their vegan mozz almost sweet, and I didn't like it. Is it less sweet?
the old was sweet, but mostly I hated the glue to the teeth texture when melted-it melted very easily.
The new bag looks the same, but it think the front of the bag now adds "dairy free cheese alternative", and the ingredients include potato starch.
They taste better,though I wouldn't eat them cold, and dont' melt anything like the old ones. The old ones immediatly pool into a sticky glue, these take a lot more heat to melt, and then keep their shape, but are much more 'melted pizza cheese' topping, and taste much better.
I just made a lasagna using Daiya monteray jack on inside layers, and the last of a bag of Aldi shreds on top. I layered tofu cubes that marinated in my Aldi olive brine and olive oil, and fresh spinach and Aldi no boil noodles.

In a nutshell, Daiya blocks are my favorite, or FYH parm, but Aldis are now pretty darn good as a melty topping

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
I'm a big fan of almost anything Follow your Heart or Chao. I buy the Diaya block to "cheese up" mac and cheese type dishes, but I don't eat it raw or even on pizza. Mostly I wish there was a good vegan sharp cheddar. We've hated all the ones we've tried. 😖

I was honestly never a cheese lover, so it's been easy for me to switch. My husband was the cheese enthusiast. I think I eat way more cheese now that it's vegan! Lol. But I will be excited to try new stuff in 2021. ☺

Reactions: Lou and PTree15
the old was sweet, but mostly I hated the glue to the teeth texture when melted-it melted very easily.
The new bag looks the same, but it think the front of the bag now adds "dairy free cheese alternative", and the ingredients include potato starch.
They taste better,though I wouldn't eat them cold, and dont' melt anything like the old ones. The old ones immediatly pool into a sticky glue, these take a lot more heat to melt, and then keep their shape, but are much more 'melted pizza cheese' topping, and taste much better.
I just made a lasagna using Daiya monteray jack on inside layers, and the last of a bag of Aldi shreds on top. I layered tofu cubes that marinated in my Aldi olive brine and olive oil, and fresh spinach and Aldi no boil noodles.

In a nutshell, Daiya blocks are my favorite, or FYH parm, but Aldis are now pretty darn good as a melty topping
Thank you, good to know. Maybe I will give them a try again.

Violife mozzerella shreds actually have the pizza cheese taste to me- cold

I suggest skipping Aldi, they really aren't good, unless you need a texture added to something.Like if I'm getting things for enchiladas, which are all from Aldi, I;ll get them if I don't have something already

I saw Parmela cultured mozz shreds today, but they were like $6.99. WHen I see a sale I'll definitely try those! I liked their cheddar slices a lot
I like a lot of vegan cheddar

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15