PB Cheese-Improvement in 2020?

Miyoko's cultured butter, if available, is a superb butter replacement. By far the best tasting one I've found. I really try hard to keep my oil consumption down to a minimum. I really wish I hadn't found it. lol

It's so expensive. Is it really worth the price?

I remember having seen some of their products in Sprout's (US) but was putt off by the price.

Miyoko’s is amazing. Definitely the best if comparing it to something like earth balance or the vegan I can’t believe it’s not butter. There’s no comparison in my opinion.

That said, I made homemade vegan butter a few times and it’s really very good. It comes very close to Miyoko’s. I eat it so rarely that I’d rather buy it. Making it isn’t hard but cleanup is a chore because of the oil and lecithin. It’s very difficult to get the greasiness off of the blender.

• Informative
Reactions: Lou
I've heard Miyoko’s cheeses are the best, too. But I haven't had any. I, too, am turned off by the price.

Reactions: Emma JC
It's so expensive. Is it really worth the price?
It depends how much butter you use. If you just use it occasionally, like for baking, it's worth splurging on, in my humble opinion. It is definitely worth trying if you miss real butter.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
I actually won’t use it for baking because of the price. I save it for when I have really good bread or rolls. I feel like EB is sufficient for baking purposes.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
I actually won’t use it for baking because of the price.
I would agree that you'd probably lose the taste with most baking, with the exception of shortbread cookies, perhaps which I used to make with just coconut oil instead of butter. I think they taste better now with the cultured vegan butter. This is a treat I probably only make once a year.

I guess we all have our priorities though. I don't have any other vises, so as a foodie, splurging on certain food items is my thing. I wouldn't hesitate to suggest Miyokos on fresh corn on the cob or something else you would savour the taste. I'm not suggesting anyone shop out of their budgets or comfort zones, but as a treat I still think Miyoko's is worth every penny. And chances are it's more expensive here in Canada than in the USA.

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52
Now that Veganite mentioned corn on the cob and butter, I'm trying to think of something new. I found I like vegan mayo--well really either Just Mayo or homemade as I don't really like any other. Is there a way to make vegan butter/mayo hybrid? A solid mayo?
Thinking about it, isn't the only big difference more vinegar/lemon in mayo, and an emusifier in vegan butter? What if I added an emulsifier to vegan mayo? I'd love a way to be able to freeze it, and I could do that when I made vegan butter
I never tried cultured butter.
What about adding yogurt???

Now that Veganite mentioned corn on the cob and butter, I'm trying to think of something new. I found I like vegan mayo--well really either Just Mayo or homemade as I don't really like any other. Is there a way to make vegan butter/mayo hybrid? A solid mayo?
Thinking about it, isn't the only big difference more vinegar/lemon in mayo, and an emusifier in vegan butter? What if I added an emulsifier to vegan mayo? I'd love a way to be able to freeze it, and I could do that when I made vegan butter
I never tried cultured butter.
What about adding yogurt???
I only tried Mayo once, before vegan days, and it was a disaster!

I would agree that you'd probably lose the taste with most baking, with the exception of shortbread cookies, perhaps which I used to make with just coconut oil instead of butter. I think they taste better now with the cultured vegan butter. This is a treat I probably only make once a year.

I guess we all have our priorities though. I don't have any other vises, so as a foodie, splurging on certain food items is my thing. I wouldn't hesitate to suggest Miyokos on fresh corn on the cob or something else you would savour the taste. I'm not suggesting anyone shop out of their budgets or comfort zones, but as a treat I still think Miyoko's is worth every penny. And chances are it's more expensive here in Canada than in the USA.

I agree Miyoko is worth the splurge. I just like to save it for for foods where I can taste it. Corn in the cob is definitely one such food. I really do love it on toast, bagels, Italian bread. Although you have peaked my curiosity and I may have to try it with my Christmas “butter” cookies. They are already sooooo good I bet they will be amazing with Miyoko.

Reactions: Veganite
I really like the Flora plant butter and so does my husband. That was lucky as I thought it would take a lot longer to find something for both of us! :heart_eyes:

Breaking Cheese News From VegNews

It’s the holidays, it’s been a heavy year (to say the least), so all we want to hear is good news. So when we got the scoop on a nationwide blowout sale on one of our all-time favorite vegan cheese brands, we had to let you in on it. Vegan cheese can be pricey, but this incredible deal allows us to stock up on slices, shreds, cream cheese, butter, and artisanal wheels at a super-discounted price.

Every location of Whole Foods across the country will be slashing the price of all Miyoko’s Creamery products for 21 days.Beginning today, you can load up on your favorite Miyoko’s cheeses and butters at heavily discounted prices, wherever you are.

Yep, pricing on ALL Miyoko’s products will be slashed (in some cases, 33% off!), and you can bet the VegNews team will be loading up for the holidays and New Year.

And there’s more! If you’d like your Miyoko’s delivered to your door, you can place your Whole Foods order through Amazon Prime. Your local Whole Foods store will then deliver your order right to your doorstep!

We know that we’re pretty excited about this vegan cheese deal, but, heck, we want only good news right now. And there are few things that make us happier than a buttery grilled cheese sandwich, a piping hot quesadilla, or homemade mac & cheese. And a good deal, of course.

Happy (vegan) cheese shopping!

0a02cc9c-5e61-4220-89b5-2d34e22f81c6.jpg

P.S. This just in! If you post your Miyoko’s cheese pics to social media using the hashtag #ilovevegancheese, we’ll choose one VegNews reader on January 1 to win a $500 Whole Foods Gift Card. How cool is that?

For Aldi shoppers, their truly awful vegan mozz shreds has improved immensely! Package looks the same, but it's totally different. Maybe not the best, but now I really like it, it's no longer gluey, but melts stretchy without the stick to teeth quality, and tastes good.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
I agree Miyoko is worth the splurge. I just like to save it for for foods where I can taste it. Corn in the cob is definitely one such food. I really do love it on toast, bagels, Italian bread. Although you have peaked my curiosity and I may have to try it with my Christmas “butter” cookies. They are already sooooo good I bet they will be amazing with Miyoko.

What does it taste like? I'll never know as I couldn't spend that amount of money on spread. :D

Reactions: KLS52
What does it taste like? I'll never know as I couldn't spend that amount of money on spread. :D
It tastes so fresh and creamy/buttery. Like when I used to make homemade dairy butter. I have to hide it from my omni son or he would eat it before eating his own dairy butter.

• Love
Reactions: shyvas
It tastes so fresh and creamy/buttery. Like when I used to make homemade dairy butter. I have to hide it from my omni son or he would eat it before eating his own dairy butter.

Have you ever tasted Lurpak butter? It sounds like your description.