One other thing tho...

TofuRobot

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
...You know what was exactly in the middle of "normal" range in my recent labs? Protein (*gasp!), lipids, and glucose levels! I eat *tons* of dates, bananas, nuts, and avocados, and I've not been taking any algae omega-3 for about 3-4 months since I ran out. Like, I was a tiny bit worried I might be getting too much sugar from all the dates, and fat from all the nuts and avocados. ...This makes me happy :D

NOICE!

my last bloodwork was 6+ months ago but everything was in the normal range for me as well!

it's almost like being vegan is healthy or something :yum

Reactions: Meyersaurus
NOICE!

my last bloodwork was 6+ months ago but everything was in the normal range for me as well!

it's almost like being vegan is healthy or something :yum
That's awesome! If you saw my other part, I have a B12 issue and possibly something with my thyroid that I need for testing for. But I know the thyroid issue has little if anything to do with diet, and the B12 is readily remedied.

That's awesome! If you saw my other part, I have a B12 issue and possibly something with my thyroid that I need for testing for. But I know the thyroid issue has little if anything to do with diet, and the B12 is readily remedied.

Given that I have been a vegetarian all my life and been vegan for 3+ years, without taking any supplements whatsoever (unless I feel sick, because I try to avoid medication if possible), I have come to the conclusion that all the fuss about vitamin B12 is either just a myth or widely exaggerated.