Oh gosh.....i had a milk product today :(

Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I was at the shopping center, and i suddenly had a low blood sugar episode. Having nothing around, i had to grab some xmas chocolate that was distributed for free, i didn't even think of asking if it was vegan, because i felt on the edge of passing out. Now, it's only minutes after that i knew; it was milk chocolate. I know it wasn't planned, but...i am a long time vegan and i feel awfully sad about it, i feel like i've betrayed my values or something, like i'm dirty and that i've ruined it all.

Now, my whole oesophagus hurts, because i'm sensitive on that side ( can't have coffee , chili pepper, lemon juice, or cocoa , just to name a few, for that reason) and that pain feels like a punishement!
I need a hug, even at 47.

🤗🤗🤗

big hugs for you and please forgive yourself immediately

for next time and for anyone else wishing there were more 'vegan' stores around... many stores have tons of vegan options and I made a list awhile ago and have posted it a few times - at dollar stores you can probably find small tins of fruit with pop lids? or a juice?

• all produce aisles - fresh fruits and vegetables and herbs
  • frozen aisles - frozen fruits, vegetables
  • bean aisles - canned beans, dried beans, breakfast beans
  • canned fruits and vegetables
  • pasta aisle - most pastas and sauces, noodles
  • condiments aisle - vinegars, olives, pickles, ketchup, soy sauce, hot sauces, mustard, tahini
  • snack and bulk aisle - nuts, dried fruits, nutritional yeast, various grains, some potato chips
  • cereal aisle - oatmeal, Spoon Size Shredded Wheat, Shredded Wheat etc
  • beverage aisle - sparkling water, herbal teas, coffee
  • bakery aisle - sprouted breads, pitas, tortillas
  • dairy aisle - tofu, plant-based milks
I hope you feel better soon!

Emma JC

for next time and for anyone else wishing there were more 'vegan' stores around... many stores have tons of vegan options and I made a list awhile ago and have posted it a few times - at dollar stores you can probably find small tins of fruit with pop lids? or a juice?
Oh i know, but i was on the edge of fainting, and there's no way i could have waited another 5 minutes. That chocolate was right there, on a table. When i think of it, i have to be grateful for this one, even if i feel bad for it. :)

Reactions: Emma JC
This reminds me of Natalie Portman when she was pregnant and had cravings for cookies. She once ended up getting a non-vegan cookie. I think she was at a mall, too.

She got a lot of flack that I don't think she deserved. Hey, she was pregnant. And she is freaking Natalie Portman. She deserves some slack.

Well, you're not pregnant nor Natalie Portman. but I still think you should cut yourself some slack.

We can call it the Portman exemption.

Vegan Purgatory (Latin: vegano purgatorium, via Anglo-Norman and Old French)[1] is, according to the belief of some Vegans, an intermediate state after eating animal products for expiatory purification.[2] There is disagreement among Vegans whether such a state exists. Some forms of Veganism, particularly Neo-Veganism, deny its existence. Other strands see purgatory as a temporary testing area, perhaps filled with preparations of eggs, cheese, fish and dairy chocolate. The word "purgatory" has come to refer also to a wide range of historical and modern conceptions of post-temptation suffering short of everlasting omnivorism[3] and is used, in a non-specific sense, to mean any place or condition of suffering or torment, especially one that is temporary.[4]

Mark ye this day one less in your vegan history, escape vegan purgatory, and go and sin no more.