Offal

I don't know anything about my blood nutrient levels but this is what the multi I take contains, under Supplement Facts:

I dont know anything about blood nutrient levels either... thats why I was hoping to find people here who might have experienced something similar and compare the ratio of the supplements in order to find a pattern that also could work for me.

Thanks for the reply anyway! Just as important to know what you need is what you dont need. So I guess if this special assortment of supplements fits someone whos rather far from unterstanding my cravings... it will only narrow the road.

Also Id like to apologize if I seem rude or provocative at times... my mother often said: "...you are a wolf with the body of an ox.... (and also brain!!) Praise God you have healthy legs..."

Oh, sorry. I got an impression that you like human innards because you used to live in a place with a few people. Anyway, personally, I avoid human livers, but other bits can be tasty.
I most likely would be the fit one who is send away to find help. If its a "you or us" question... I would execute whatever decision a vast majority has voted for.

According to citizen of Liberia who lived there during civil war 1989-2003.... you start with breast and thigh.... just like chicken...

Too bad there is almost noone alive who survived the siege of Leningrad... so many recipes are lost. Unlike the "poor mans cookbook" which became a standard for british cousine. Shoe, pigeon, pet, offspring... not that I just dont want to experience this spiral, I try to do my part so noone has to one day.

Dont get me wrong... I love jokes only I can laugh about. I believe in Jesus but read the Divine Comedy anyway... almost twice (skipped heaven the 2nd time)

Last edited:
Hi Ohzen,

No need to buy vitamins from Amazon, if you don't prefer to. If you live near a larger city, you should be able to find vegan multi-vitamins at your local health food store.

In Austria, you should be able to find a local Registered Dietitian (RD) through this organization: Diätologen: Home

I wouldn't try to diagnose this yourself. Medical tests and the assistance of an RD should help you to identify a solution.

• Agree
Reactions: Val and Ohzen
Hi Ohzen,

No need to buy vitamins from Amazon, if you don't prefer to. If you live near a larger city, you should be able to find vegan multi-vitamins at your local health food store.

In Austria, you should be able to find a local Registered Dietitian (RD) through this organization: Diätologen: Home

I wouldn't try to diagnose this yourself. Medical tests and the assistance of an RD should help you to identify a solution.
Guess it really just comes down to me having a rather unique metabolism. Becomming vegan wasnt above all a decision of ethics or taste... it started when I found out it just works better for me. Now I require some fine tuning...

I just try to be this 95% nature guy. My feet are black with earth and I havent washed them for 2 days, because I wanted to swob the floor tomorrow anyways... In general I support localism as one possible step to veganism.

In my glasshouses I can and have grown pretty much everything.... (I work close together with "Arche-Noah" in Austria, a group of people that try to preserve rare seeds)

Guess I was just hoping for an easy solution but donating some blood and paying someone to talk with you about it... still seems the way better option.

Reactions: Val
I know that I have a constant lack of Vitamin C and help it with pickled lemons I munch on every now and then.... I hate em but I know I need em and with some Styrian Pumpkin Seed Oil they are quite edible.

I would fight squirrels for nuts.... dont laugh... neither of us wanted to be in this situation......

I hate sweets, and I try not to use the word "hate" very often.... dandel I ON, nettle salad... IM IN! Apple, spinach smoothie is my favourite...

I only drink coffee when I have problems with my digestion. Tea only warm/cold made from herbs....chai only when I need some power and I even like it with a bit of butter.

I do take supplements for B12 but its among the first suspects in line.....
Once i was speaking about vit.C deficiency and the ways of fixing it in another thread. I'll let myself quote one of my previous posts:
I forgot to mention black currant berries and steeped black currant leaves. When black currant gets ripen in our garden, i devour good quantities of it. I also steep its fresh or dried leaves and drink it up. Black currant has a few times bigger amount of vit.C than any citrus fruit, including kiwis (which are obviously a better choice of vit.C source than lemons). I'm not trying to discourage you from eating lemons,- that's good if you love them and/or if they help, but there are a lot of better ways to obtain vit.C and cover your deficiency. One of the ways is eating gooseberries. (I'm not sure if they are cultivated at your place though). But don't forget about bell peppers, strawberries, papayas, broccoli, tomatoes, snow peas and cruciferous vegetables. You just need to find the way that best suits you. But i'll repeat: in case if you already have signs of severe vitamin C deficiency, like developed stomatitis, scurvy or dark (blue-ish) hematom-like spots under your skin, you should start with pine beer and/or steeped pine branches.

I HATE the texture of liver... when I bite on a vein Im close to puking.... I know what a liver is for...........

Im not a liar! I have records of 3-5 weeks and sometimes a bit more without liver.... but after eating it I felt a boost of energy! I know how ridiculous it sounds to some of you but I have tested it on myself.

I Dont want to eat it anymore but something must be in there I havent discovered yet that (AND IM ABSOLUTELY SURE!) can be found in plants I can grow myself too!

Its a Quest to FIND what I "need".... not why Im running from it....

Have you ever considered that you may not be getting enough of the necessary nutrients including protein from your plant based diet? Liver is a highly concentrated source of protein, iron, folates and vit A/B12.

Your body may be lacking these nutrients and I would advise you to note what you eat during a whole week and if necessary eat more food that contains protein including these nutrients. It is also highly advised to take a daily supplement when following a pb lifestyle including Vit B12.

Bear in mind that there is a downside to eating offal as it contains large amounts of cholesterol, Vit A (which is harmful in large quantities) and toxins.

Have you ever considered that you may not be getting enough of the necessary nutrients including protein from your plant based diet? Liver is a highly concentrated source of protein, iron, folates and vit A/B12.

Your body may be lacking these nutrients and I would advise you to note what you eat during a whole week and if necessary eat more food that contains protein including these nutrients. It is also highly advised to take a daily supplement when following a pb lifestyle including Vit B12.

Bear in mind that there is a downside to eating offal as it contains large amounts of cholesterol, Vit A (which is harmful in large quantities) and toxins.
I have very often thought about what exatcly it is in liver I need so much. I take a low to average amount of supplements... you name it.

I understand its bad to eat offals for many, many reasons... but I feel like an addict that just learned I was lied to all the time and I dont only have to drop this disgusting habit but instead can replace it with something good!

Actually I do write down what Im eating for allmost 3 months now. Im a stubborn backwood, mountain yokel.... its hard to even convice myself more often than not. I knew I had it comming that I need to find an experienced Nutritionist.... Im scared of needles to be honest... growing up on a farm I received many injuries but cuts and needles turn my stomach...... and I believe in science but still wear my cross........ Im really struggling and all this isnt easy for me either. Thanks for the reply...

• Friendly
I have very often thought about what exatcly it is in liver I need so much. I take a low to average amount of supplements... you name it.

I understand its bad to eat offals for many, many reasons... but I feel like an addict that just learned I was lied to all the time and I dont only have to drop this disgusting habit but instead can replace it with something good!

Actually I do write down what Im eating for allmost 3 months now. Im a stubborn backwood, mountain yokel.... its hard to even convice myself more often than not. I knew I had it comming that I need to find an experienced Nutritionist.... Im scared of needles to be honest... growing up on a farm I received many injuries but cuts and needles turn my stomach...... and I believe in science but still wear my cross........ Im really struggling and all this sint easy for me either. Thanks for the reply...

I don't think that you need to see a nutritionist unless you are experiencing either unpleasant symptoms or are in bad health. Just make sure that you have the necessary amount of vit B12 and eat a healthy balanced diet including the necessary nutrients including protein. I have the hunch that you may not be eating enough of the latter.

I don't think that you need to see a nutritionist unless you are experiencing either unpleasant symptoms or are in bad health. Just make sure that you have the necessary amount of vit B12 and eat a healthy balanced diet including the necessary nutrients including protein. I have the hunch that you may not be eating enough of the latter.
Im not afraid of my protein intake. I work the fields every day. I mentioned before that I eat 3-400g of different beans or peas like a snack.... every day... I have 2 wallnut trees, some hazel bushes and the opinion that everything is better with pumpkin oil. Chinoa, Spelt, Oats, Milet and Mountains of Buckwheat...

I dislike ALL Soja Products, Peanuts, Rice, Cabbage and Broccoli... I love cauliflower though.
I figured out it could be something of what I dont eat.... but I dont wanna experiemnt on me and eat something for weeks or months to no prevail if there is a better option available.

Eddited: I should add... at least 40% of my diet are raw vegetables and nuts......

Last edited:
Thanks everyone... my question has been answered and I enjoyed the discussion very much. Obviously my craving for certain things is something that fortunately does not appear too often.

All the replies just told me Im doing most of it according to plan but... to be honest Im used to it that my human-suit tends to malfunction....... I have many weird tendencies when it comes to nutrition and sofar it all went well. However, when I take a step like this, it seems rather obvious I could use some profesional help.

Most of the people I know are used to eat an animal from hooves to horns without wasting a drop. As you can imagine not the best crowd to talk about transition to veganism.

I can understand that this is a rather cringy topic and I am astonished how honest and helpful the replies were. Maybe one day I tell you all how I was treated on "Redit", why I try to be as civilized as possible... and how grateful I am to have met people that dont want to see me tared and feathered*.

*...on a 2nd thought that actually would be quite cool. Id live in the mountains, run with the ducks, stride through the cool valleys during the summer, eat nuts and berries, scare the locals and take their food like Yogi Bear.... sell my fotos to a tabloid when I want to upgrade my hut with internet! Write some shoddy books and use the marketing to sell it to... people! Imagine the headlines... "Sasquash's feathery brother was found in a secluded part of the Austrian Alps! And he wrote a Book! Stay tuned for more nonsense..."

Last edited: