October is Squirrel Awareness Month

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I hope everyone is getting ready for squirrel awareness month - only 5 more days now!

Squirrel Awareness Month is an annual designation observed in October. Yes, you read that right. A whole month dedicated to giving those furry, quirky little creatures a little appreciation. It’s a time to look around at a local park, or even right outside your window, and giggle at the silly mannerisms of squirrels.
More:

Squirrels are the best!

squirrel-cat.gif

Squirrel tactics
RLkOBqm.gif

Qv0Fhgg.gif

Funny squirrel feeder:
872923d1393559674t-squirrel-features-cunning-stunts-thread-czjcvpk.jpg

957457d1421881120-squirrel-features-cunning-stunts-thread-image.jpg

Squirrel-Hugging-Flower-Feature-SWNS-696x425.jpg

that last one - I'm not sure - but I don't think that IS a squirrel. prairie dog?

Its the ears

Thanks for letting us know! I suspect I will see more of them this weekend and next week at UC Berkeley than I see in my rural area. I remember seeing so many more squirrels in LA county, here I mostly see deer, birds, and our neighborhood bear.

Reactions: Emma JC
Nutella Squirrel was spotted in Manhattan’s East Village earlier this week trying desperately to gnaw its way into a snack pack of Nutella. It was spooked by the photographer who got close to capture the moment and ran away, the New York Post reports, so we humans will never know if it succeeded.

But look at the determination on that face. I believe that somewhere in New York City, a squirrel is happily licking hazelnut spread off its little paws, completely unaware that it has become an urban folk hero.