News Obituaries

I just turned on the news now and heard about David Bowie, only 69 years old.
David Bowie dies of cancer aged 69 - BBC News

Someone in my family was a big fan and I probably still know all the words to some of his songs on his albums from hearing her play them all the time.

Same here. I heard it on the radio when I was driving back home. I was surprised as he wasn't really that old and I didn't know that he had cancer.

This is very sad. I wasn't a fan, but I know it's a sad day for those who are/were fans.

I didn't know he had cancer, either.

Last edited:
This is so sad. Didn't even know he was sick. First Lemmy, now Bowie. :(

I am definitely a fan, I loved him in Labyrinth too. My granddaughter and I would sort of dance/bounce around and sing the Dance Magic song when it would come on. Then replay it about 6 times. :p

I just heard on TV that Alan Rickman has died, he was aged 69 and was suffering from cancer.:(

Alan Rickman, giant of British film and theatre, dies at 69 | Film | The Guardian

:cry: How awful. I didn't know he had cancer.

I was watching the original Die Hard again just this past week. He was so good as the villain.

There's a story that when studio execs ran preview screenings of Kevin Costner's Robin Hood movie, audiences apparently enjoyed Rickman's portrayal of the villainous Sheriff of Nottingham more than Costner's portrayal of Robin Hood, so they cut back on Rickman's screen time in order to give more screen time to Costner. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe
56781ce42a73c7a50c597b57ebabb905.jpg

There's a story that when studio execs ran preview screenings of Kevin Costner's Robin Hood movie, audiences apparently enjoyed Rickman's portrayal of the villainous Sheriff of Nottingham more than Costner's portrayal of Robin Hood, so they cut back on Rickman's screen time in order to give more screen time to Costner. :p

I thought he was very attractive and he had such a gorgeous voice. Very sad.:sob:

Reactions: ledboots
The Eagles were the soundtrack to my high school years.

I am sad to learn the Bill Johnson passed. I admired him. We were the same age and our lives followed similar trajectories at times.