Nut-Seed-Flower Oils - How To Use

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Nut, Seed and Flower Oils: Which Cooking Oil to Use When | Care2 Healthy Living

I often use avocado oil for stir frying, however it is quite expensive. My 2nd choice is either olive or sunflower oil for frying.

For seasoning, soups and salads, I usually use evo/ extra virgin rapseed oil. Walnut, hazelnut or pistachio oils are also my favourites for drizzling over vegetable and soups. I also have a small bottle of pumpkin seed oil which is also tasty drizzled onto pumpkin stew and soups.

Coconut oil is wonderful for making sweet treats, chocolate bark and nut bars.

I never use peanut or palm oil.

I usually use extra virgin olive oil for almost everything but I do like the taste of sesame oil. I did buy flaxseed oil for a while but I didn't really like the taste.

I use grapeseed oil on my skin.

I usually use extra virgin olive oil for almost everything but I do like the taste of sesame oil. I did buy flaxseed oil for a while but I didn't really like the taste.

I use grapeseed oil on my skin.

I forgot that I also like sesame oil drizzled over stir fries. However, I only buy it in the UK.

32228036_Rapeseed_S.jpg

Beautiful pic. I also have some pix of rap seed fiels taken in Oxfordshire.

I didn't take that, but I must try to remember to take some pictures of it this year....it smells amazing too; if you like the smell of honey...

It's supposed to be quite a healthy oil as well, I read.

I didn't take that, but I must try to remember to take some pictures of it this year....it smells amazing too; if you like the smell of honey...

It's supposed to be quite a healthy oil as well, I read.

I have seen the fields whilst I went out for a walk and they are amazing. However, I don't recall the smell.

I always buy organic virgin rap seed oil and use it for vinaigrettes and baking. It is very rich in omega 6 and 3.

That picture makes me realise that I haven't been to the countryside in years! Very pretty.

Wow, avocado oil is expensive when I looked at Sainsbug's. I did order some sesame oil and I think I will try the walnut oil next time.