Non-dairy hi protein lo sugar yogurt hard to find

zki

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Not to mention expensive... I saw one for $6 for 24 oz. I've seen some make your own yogurt stories... I was thinking why do I need yogurt for my oats & nuts breakfast - I could sub soy milk instead of continuing my hunt.... Helpful comments?

Not to mention expensive... I saw one for $6 for 24 oz. I've seen some make your own yogurt stories... I was thinking why do I need yogurt for my oats & nuts breakfast - I could sub soy milk instead of continuing my hunt.... Helpful comments?

Any type of plant milk makes more sense to me, than expensive yogurt does.

I don't use any milk for my oatmeal, I use water for cooking and lots of berries, banana and some walnuts as well as mixing in ground flax and sprinkling on hemp seed, tumeric/pepper, cinnamon and topped with a bit of maple syrup.

Emma JC

thanks! walnuts - flax & hemp seeds sounds like plenty of protein although unless I was thin and very active, I would probably be concerned about the calories and fat content --> for me --- also, the daily guideline I heard was less than 2 ozs. of nuts & seeds per day. Is that something you watch?

thanks! walnuts - flax & hemp seeds sounds like plenty of protein although unless I was thin and very active, I would probably be concerned about the calories and fat content --> for me --- also, the daily guideline I heard was less than 2 ozs. of nuts & seeds per day. Is that something you watch?

yes, I am careful with the amount of nuts I eat - it would be about 2 or 3 walnut halves chopped

Emma JC

Since I've had my Instant Pot I do soy yogurt about every two weeks--but all you need is a constant 110 temp!
I get soy milk that's just soy beans and water (Trader Joes, Westsoy, Eden..) and one 50 billion probiotic

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I don't know how Kite Hill stacks up against other options in terms of sugar/protein, but that's what my grocery store carries.

EuroPlain5.3.png

I don't know how Kite Hill stacks up against other options in terms of sugar/protein, but that's what my grocery store carries.

EuroPlain5.3.png
Thanks, I had picked Kite Hill yogurt for its low sugar & protein -- went to Target & they were out...
I'd like to find a popular one I can buy anytime and not have to hunt for at dif. stores

I have lost interest in yogurt and probiotics in general. I've done my own little google research project on Probiotics and found the conclusions murky and inconclusive. There is really no good study that Proves they have any benefits.

Our gut bacteria are made up of hundreds if not thousands of different species of bacteria. The proportion and the inter-reactions between the bacteria are very complicated. Yogurt has maybe one to three different species. Even the expensive probiotic supplements rarely have more than a dozen. I think it must be like maintaining the health of the rainforest by adding a few pine trees every day.

And as you have discovered most yogurt has too much sugar added and can bet expensive.

I would replace yogurt with some much better snacks or breakfasts. Like soymilk smoothies or oatmeal.

If you just love yogurt you probably would be best served in making your own. You can make them in an IP or buy a little yogurt maker at a garage sale or salvation army store. You can even make your own maker with a styrofoam cooler and a 40-watt lightbulb.

I used to love dairy yogurt. Especially Greek. Non dairy versions make me angry lol. I rarely eat yogurt anymore. ☹️