No support in going vegan?

Kyndra

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I'm trying to go vegan and i keep falling off the wagon, i get tempted to eat meat or put down about it. Like recently my grandma was putting me down for wanting to go vegan. I also can't find any vegan friends or boyfriends, I'm talking to a guy right now who's an omnivore and I'm okay with dating him but i just wish i could be with someone who doesn't support slaughter.

It can be hard to find a vegan or even vegetarian partner just because they are in the minority. Especially when you are female and looking for a male partner, since veggie people are more than half female, this doesn't help your odds. You can either try and make a specific effort to join a vegan club, or go to a place where there are likely to be a wider variety of people (such as a University) or you can try and convert an onmivore, or you can compromise. :) Good luck.

Can you tell us where you are located and is it a village, small town etc. So I see you are at 18, are you in school, University, working, unemployed? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, of course. I am just thinking that if you did it might help brainstorm how to meet new people.

It's hard to meet other vegans, or even vegetarians. When you go to eat something, if it has animal ingredients think about the animals being harmed for a quickly eaten and forgotten meal. If you keep your veganism focused on the animals you won't succumb to temptation as easily. When my husband went vegan after a decade of being vegetarian I advised him to give himself a full year to transition so he won't be having issues with feeling guilty or weird when we go out to a buffet and he ends up eating cheese or something along those lines. I'm always prepared with vegan snacks in my purse, and even keep powdered coconut milk with me to use as coffee creamer when I go out. It makes my life a lot easier as a vegan.
In regards to meeting other vegans irl, good luck! I only know three, and the few that I've converted from veg to vegan.