Need help/input regarding new kitty's nasal issues

We're in the throws of a relapse but he's starting the Cerenia again today so I have my fingers crossed.

LS...love that avatar, especially the way it shows up on my iphone!!

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I was panic-stricken the first two months or so, not really knowing what was wrong and my inability not to 'project' the what-ifs or worse case scenario...sometimes I just need to chill but it's hard for me to do that if I think one of my loved ones isn't well. But I'm a bit calmer when the setbacks occur, now that I've seen that it can take a while for him to recover.

I just wish he responded better to the meds. I almost feel like he would be exactly the same if he weren't on anything. Because the same pattern seems to emerge whether he's on something or not. He's been on the prednisolone every day since August. We added doxycycline for the last week or so and there's been little improvement. He will have a day where it looks like it's clearing up, and then it doesn't. Last time it took over two weeks so we'll see what happens. He's not miserable, just uncomfortable. He does breathe easier when he sleeps, so that's a good thing, at least. :)

I can't get any of the vets to agree to giving an antihistamine like Chlor-Trimeton...they keep telling me they don't think it's allergies, but I still feel like it would help dry up the mucus. Maybe if we stopped the mucus at the start when it's just a little drippy but clear, it wouldn't develop into an infection. But, obviously, I'm not a trained veterinarian so I'm trying to do what they say.

[emoji174] (< that's broken heart for non iPhone users).

I felt nostalgic reading back through this...missing mlp, faded, Jen, LS...of course Bogey. I was just talking about him at dinner last night then saw this thread bumped this morning. :smitten:

FYI: I'm on my laptop using Windows and Firefox, and I can actually see the broken heart.

:hug: Bogey had a whole year to be a much-loved member of your family. That's a year he may not have had otherwise. I often think of my Bear. I had him for five years, and his last year of life wasn't so good. I feel a little guilty about that, but then I remind myself that he had five years with me that he may not have had otherwise. We do what we can for animals in need. :)

Reactions: KLS52