Need career advice (related to veganism)

I don't have any advice to give.
but I can speak to "Group Projects".

Working with others may have been one of the most overlooked job skill before 1980. In reality, there are few jobs that do not require cooperation. Even managers require a high level of interpersonal skills.

Even today, in many fields, working well with others is still overlooked. Many projects have failed because a team became dysfunctional. Some people are naturally better at this. But everyone can improve with practice and good instruction.

Many academic "group projects" are poorly designed. But I think the trend has been in a positive direction. Also, group projects in an academic setting are always artificial. the design of the project must foster positive interdependence AND individual accountability. Which can be tricky.

My undergraduate work and most of my graduate work has been in the sciences. and for some reason, I was always working in groups, teams, partnerships. One of my favorite stories is when I discovered that my Surveying Team were all taking Programming together. We understood how to cooperate and divide tasks. Plus the programming aspect lent itself to "group processing" very naturally. We all got A's in programming.

Many academic "group projects" are poorly designed. But I think the trend has been in a positive direction. Also, group projects in an academic setting are always artificial. the design of the project must foster positive interdependence AND individual accountability. Which can be tricky.

My undergraduate work and most of my graduate work has been in the sciences. and for some reason, I was always working in groups, teams, partnerships. One of my favorite stories is when I discovered that my Surveying Team were all taking Programming together. We understood how to cooperate and divide tasks. Plus the programming aspect lent itself to "group processing" very naturally. We all got A's in programming.

@Lou what programming language?