Literature NaNoWriMo!

I mean 2900 words. I tried to edit it above, but it wouldn't let me.

I mean 2900 words. I tried to edit it above, but it wouldn't let me.

I was at 700 words this morning, and I finished today on target at 5000 - I think I need to go to more write-ins! They're obviously good motivation for me. I guess part of it was sitting on a table where everyone was already over 10k - damned overachievers :p

I'd like to but I have a case of writer's block.

Actually, I don't think that's it. I can't think of what I would want to write about. Whatever it was would very possibly be very unusual, but that would be fun- even if it was so "out there", nobody wanted to finish reading it.

I think I'll try to write a song instead... or maybe a song cycle (several songs having a common theme, but which are not an opera, cantata, oratorio, etc.). I've had ideas for 11 songs (8 of them being in that cycle/group), but every time something gets on paper, I think it's nothing anyone would want to listen to. I'd rather listen to it than watch television, but that's not saying much. I actually read up a bit on copywriting law for composers/songwriters.

I hope we have a happy and verbose November with our writing!

Last edited:
Two and a half days to go to Nanowrimo 2015. Start sharpening your pencils and stretching your fingers.
smiley-chores019.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52
Wow, that is awesome, thank you for sharing!!!!

I have signed up, don't know if I'll manage to write a single word, or even come up with a good idea to get started with.
I guess I have dreamed about writing something a lot of times, but never, so far, actually started with it.
Well, why not now?

Best regards,
Andy

I'm hopeless but good luck to the rest of you!

I'm hopeless but good luck to the rest of you!
There's no such thing as hopeless. I've had plenty of years that I barely got a single parargraph written and given up. I just tried again the following year. :)